Author Topic: WAG.... Murphy has moved on  (Read 65217 times)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: WAG.... Murphy has moved on
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2018, 02:17:18 AM »
Oh my... I just had a odd thought about butters and his newfound abilities... he knows the human body atl...

*rolls eyes*

Yes, because that's what Butters needs. More Powerups.

It's not enough that he's a Magitech Jedi Batman MMORPG Protagonist.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2018, 05:00:19 PM »
*rolls eyes*

Yes, because that's what Butters needs. More Powerups.

It's not enough that he's a Magitech Jedi Batman MMORPG Protagonist.
One, Butters is the new era dv JesusBruceLeeChrist so show some respect (:P). 

On a more serious note, Lay-On-Hands healing has long been a Paladin Trope, even Michael healed/resurrected Harry that time, so it wouldnt actually be much of a stretch in the right context.   
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2018, 05:22:28 PM »
I wonder if Michael actually completely healed Harry with that lay on hands while wielding Uriel's Grace in Skin Game.  I mean, maybe he no longer has a broken back that he has to worry about without the Winter Knight mantle post Skin Game.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
I wonder if Michael actually completely healed Harry with that lay on hands while wielding Uriel's Grace in Skin Game.  I mean, maybe he no longer has a broken back that he has to worry about without the Winter Knight mantle post Skin Game.

Naw, I think his back has been fully healed since Changes,  however Mab isn't going to tell him is she?  Perfect leverage, when he rebels as he did in Cold Days,  suddenly his spine won't hold him up...  It would make no sense for it not to be healed, because there might be times when Mab's magic/influence is blocked for some reason, she cannot have her Winter Knight literately falling apart when she might need him the most.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2018, 06:53:40 PM »
Naw, I think his back has been fully healed since Changes,  however Mab isn't going to tell him is she?  Perfect leverage, when he rebels as he did in Cold Days,  suddenly his spine won't hold him up...  It would make no sense for it not to be healed, because there might be times when Mab's magic/influence is blocked for some reason, she cannot have her Winter Knight literately falling apart when she might need him the most.
I agree. She's too smart to have her knight vulnerable to anyone but herself.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2018, 07:00:45 PM »
Nah. I'm thinking Michael actually may have fixed his back. mab might not know.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2018, 07:38:51 PM »
Mab fixed his back. That was the agreement so she did.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2018, 07:55:34 PM »
No. We saw that once Harry said screw winters law the back is broken. So it wasn't healed completely. I argue that Michael may have healed it completely in skin game while wielding uriels Grace.  Michael did lay on hands to help Harry against nics wife.

So I'm talking about a healing that goes past winter.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2018, 07:55:51 PM »
Mab fixed his back. That was the agreement so she did.

Could Harry have fixed his own back, and Mab basically did what Lea did in the past and just fooled him?  He Believed she fixed it, so it was fixed.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »
We have woj that winter isn't really into healing.  So it likely is that what mab did is an approximation of healing but she can leave Harry paralyzed without her ongoing magical support.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
Could Harry have fixed his own back, and Mab basically did what Lea did in the past and just fooled him?  He Believed she fixed it, so it was fixed.
No because the agreement was very specific.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2018, 08:56:45 PM »
No. We saw that once Harry said screw winters law the back is broken. So it wasn't healed completely. I argue that Michael may have healed it completely in skin game while wielding uriels Grace.  Michael did lay on hands to help Harry against nics wife.

So I'm talking about a healing that goes past winter.

It isn't an illusion though,  as in it's all in Harry's mind..  Severed spinal cords do not work that way.
We have woj that winter isn't really into healing.  So it likely is that what mab did is an approximation of healing but she can leave Harry paralyzed without her ongoing magical support.
  I believe she did fix it, it was part of the agreement for him to become Winter Knight, it was specific ergo, she couldn't go back on her word... Have to go back to what was originally agreed to to see.  Now if they agreed as long as Harry remains her Knight his spine would be healed, then when he said screw Winter, she was free to re-break his spine.  However if they agreed simply that in return for him becoming her Knight she'd fix his spine, there is no way she could get out of the bargain without serious repercussions..  No, Mab isn't into healing for the sake of it, but to get what she wants she'd do it...   So when Harry's legs turned to noodles when he said screw Winter, I think it was an illusion..  If Harry pressed her on their bargain, her come back would be, "see, where would you be if I hadn't helped you?  Remember our deal..."

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2018, 09:03:30 PM »
It isn't an illusion though,  as in it's all in Harry's mind..  Severed spinal cords do not work that way.  I believe she did fix it, it was part of the agreement for him to become Winter Knight, it was specific ergo, she couldn't go back on her word... Have to go back to what was originally agreed to to see.  Now if they agreed as long as Harry remains her Knight his spine would be healed, then when he said screw Winter, she was free to re-break his spine.  However if they agreed simply that in return for him becoming her Knight she'd fix his spine, there is no way she could get out of the bargain without serious repercussions..  No, Mab isn't into healing for the sake of it, but to get what she wants she'd do it...   So when Harry's legs turned to noodles when he said screw Winter, I think it was an illusion..  If Harry pressed her on their bargain, her come back would be, "see, where would you be if I hadn't helped you?  Remember our deal..."
I agree about the injury. Placebo effect won't work with severed nerves.
Another possibility is that she installed a magical bypass to connect the nerves of the spine while it heals itself over 40 or 50 years. In that case, screw winter law = screw winter magic = magical bypass temporarily fails.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2018, 11:50:51 PM »
Another possibility is that she installed a magical bypass to connect the nerves of the spine while it heals itself over 40 or 50 years. In that case, screw winter law = screw winter magic = magical bypass temporarily fails.

This is what I'm arguing.  There is ongoing Winter Magic that when he said screw winter law, caused a cessation of Winter Magic and consequently a return to paralysis.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2018, 12:05:08 AM »
I think y'all got it backwards.

I don't think breaking winter law "undid" the back healing.

I think what happened there was Mab going, "If you break winter law, I will put you right back how I found you." I.e., that she possesses the power over him to just break him again if she wishes.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast