Author Topic: Was Nemesis in Storm Front?  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Was Nemesis in Storm Front?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 02:21:32 AM »
The White Court isn't so easy to figure out, some aspects of it seem to play for the team, it is possible that the Hunger Demon itself is part of the Enemy, but with varying degrees of success..  I think it depends on the family, Thomas must feed, but perhaps because of his mother and brother doesn't act like someone Nemesis infected.  Lara on the other hand is harder to figure out, she works strictly for self interest and plays both sides I think.

If anyone's playing for the other side, it (was) Lord Raith. Lara is self-interested, not trying to give reality away to "empty night".

And I think placing the (mainstream) Denarians on team Outsider is a mistake. Nicodemus wouldn't have been that freaked out over Harry mentioning that someone threw Hellfire at Arctis Tor if he was broadly aligned with that action anyway.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 04:53:28 AM »
There are basically 2 enemies to worry about.  Those that want power from within reality, and those that want power that comes from Outside reality.  The first is dangerous, the second is bat shit crazy dangerous.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 05:32:43 AM »

He was protected long before blood rites. Which is why a wizard of Margaret's calibre went for a crippling blow with her death curse instead of a death blow.
The possessed by an outsider bit has merit though.

Yes, he was protected, but a wizard like Margaret who lived with him and had a child by him would figure out the secret of his power.   Most likely she learned a great deal more, that is why I think when she met Malcolm, she found the strength to leave Raith, not only because she fell in love but because she felt that he had the qualities to father a star child to counter the Outsiders.  She also left Thomas behind I think because if she took him with Raith would have gone after her sooner.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 05:45:46 AM »

He was protected long before blood rites. Which is why a wizard of Margaret's calibre went for a crippling blow with her death curse instead of a death blow.
The possessed by an outsider bit has merit though.

Maybe not....  Jim did say that if he had been killed he would have been replaced and the White Court would have continued it's growth but she sandbagged them for 30 years.  It may have been her intention to cripple not just him but the entire White Court.  My guess is her way of doing it was through her son Thomas who shares his father's blood, and inherited his demon from him.  She used that link to get to Raith's demon and put a muzzle on it.

It may have been after his demon was crippled, and his paranoia grew (when they cannot feed this happens) that he reached out and got the magical protection.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »
Maybe not....  Jim did say that if he had been killed he would have been replaced and the White Court would have continued it's growth but she sandbagged them for 30 years.  It may have been her intention to cripple not just him but the entire White Court.  My guess is her way of doing it was through her son Thomas who shares his father's blood, and inherited his demon from him.  She used that link to get to Raith's demon and put a muzzle on it.

It may have been after his demon was crippled, and his paranoia grew (when they cannot feed this happens) that he reached out and
got the magical protection.

I agree that her hope was that Thomas could help to check mate Papa Raith, but I don't think he inherited the same Hunger Demon.   Simply because Thomas can feed and get nourishment from feeding where as his father cannot.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 06:53:13 PM »

I agree that her hope was that Thomas could help to check mate Papa Raith, but I don't think he inherited the same Hunger Demon.   Simply because Thomas can feed and get nourishment from feeding where as his father cannot.

Thomas's demon came from somewhere.  I figured his father's demon provided some sort of material just like any parent would provide to create a life.  Maggie could have used that to go after Raith.  Either that or Thomas's blood or maybe she actually had stolen some sort of physical material from Raith herself.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 06:56:07 PM »
Thomas's demon came from somewhere.  I figured his father's demon provided some sort of material just like any parent would provide to create a life.  Maggie could have used that to go after Raith.  Either that or Thomas's blood or maybe she actually had stolen some sort of physical material from Raith herself.

Or maybe more to the point, Thomas had already been born, so the demon inside of him wouldn't be affected.   There is no evidence that the Hunger Demons themselves are linked..