Author Topic: Zoo Day spoilers  (Read 21610 times)

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Zoo Day spoilers
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2018, 03:06:51 AM »
I think Austin would be more appropriate for the Maggie and Mouse series if he ever does it.  I saw the video of it and he did say that if the fans like him he might be used again.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2018, 04:35:49 AM »
Jim has confirmed in a recent signing Austin is just a minor character with no plans to use him in the future... as yet.

I love that Jim has this outline of the series but has kept it loose enough to allow additions and  changes to the smaller details.
Just like Butters. :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2018, 04:48:57 AM »
Dresden needs a new apprentice    I loved the story's about molly when she was just  kid in Harrys eyes.

Offline Slowpool

• Conversationalist
  • You aren't my REAL dad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 05:04:56 AM »
Dresden needs a new apprentice    I loved the story's about molly when she was just  kid in Harrys eyes.
  I'd like to see how Maggie grows into whatever power comes to her.  Jim has said that if she does manifest magic, it would almost certainly be affected by the fact her mother was a half-turned vampire.  I'd love to see how that interacts with a magical talent.  A female lead with wizard magic AND pseudo-vampire powers going to totally-not-Hogwarts?  That's Young Adult series gold, right there.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 03:12:03 AM »
This was the most interesting part of the short for me. Especially 'Taken by figures in dark robes, male and female,' . It absolutely screamed Cowl and Kumori. Cowl has already set himself up to be a true nemesis to Harry, so why not give him a 'Dark Mouse' to boot.

That certainly seems like the implication.

While the narrative structure of nobody else understanding what Mouse is picking up because he can't communicate complex ideas to Hary or Maggie is cute for short story purposes, it kind of falls apart when we remember that Molly CAN understand him just fine. Dark, probably N-fected foo dogs working for probably Cowl and Kumori is something really freaking important to pass along, and ignoring that a suitable translator is around every week for family dinners at the Carpenter house would be a bit of a wtf? issue going forward if Harry stays unaware of it.

Or, hell, even Lea next time they cross paths - she'd be well motivated to continue checking names off her revenge list, if there's a lead on who gave her the athame.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 04:06:03 AM »

While the narrative structure of nobody else understanding what Mouse is picking up because he can't communicate complex ideas to Hary or Maggie is cute for short story purposes, it kind of falls apart when we remember that Molly CAN understand him just fine. Dark, probably N-fected foo dogs working for probably Cowl and Kumori is something really freaking important to pass along, and ignoring that a suitable translator is around every week for family dinners at the Carpenter house would be a bit of a wtf? issue going forward if Harry stays unaware of it.

Or, hell, even Lea next time they cross paths - she'd be well motivated to continue checking names off her revenge list, if there's a lead on who gave her the athame.
Fairie, information, exchange....balance...
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 04:14:41 AM »
I'll tell you who did this thing to do you so you can murder them if you murder them for me.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »
Fairie, information, exchange....balance...

That might be an issue if Harry was still just a wizard while Molly was the Lady. But this is tactical information about the capabilities and agenda of probable Nemesis agents. The Mothers already showed Queens can educate the Knight about the contest with the enemy without needing a trade of information.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2018, 05:09:26 PM »
That might be an issue if Harry was still just a wizard while Molly was the Lady. But this is tactical information about the capabilities and agenda of probable Nemesis agents. The Mothers already showed Queens can educate the Knight about the contest with the enemy without needing a trade of information.
Nothing Mouse knows is Winter knowledge, it's not giving out WInters protocol or effect. I'ts relaying of communication. Has nothing to do with enemies. ANd the mothers did so in reply to an inquiry, based upon a command, not seeking random info, or beign supplied offhand.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2018, 06:28:51 PM »

Who says Molly or the Queen's know about the Foo Dogs being Nemfected (they might not be)?  Mab didn't even know her own daughter was infected for a while.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2018, 08:39:22 PM »
Who says Molly or the Queen's know about the Foo Dogs being Nemfected (they might not be)?  Mab didn't even know her own daughter was infected for a while.

They don't yet. But Mouse can tell them, or at least tell them enough to piece it together if he doesn't already know the significance of the 'acting against their nature' part.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 03:49:59 AM »
They don't yet. But Mouse can tell them, or at least tell them enough to piece it together if he doesn't already know the significance of the 'acting against their nature' part.

Mouse might not be able to tell them.  The whole "rules" thing.  He may be free to do so but he also appears to have to follow laws as well... 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline BigFire

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2018, 03:09:03 PM »

Well, Dresden does have a second 'daughter' to take care of.  One wonders how does a Wizard raise a spirit child.

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2018, 08:12:18 PM »
Well, Dresden does have a second 'daughter' to take care of.  One wonders how does a Wizard raise a spirit child.

perhaps he needs a nanny not an aprentice
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:52:05 AM by pcpoet »

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »
Mouse's section was such an amazing intersection of hilarious and adorable and so fundamentally Dog that it had me on the verge of tears.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast