Author Topic: Elaine pentacle amulet  (Read 9099 times)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Elaine pentacle amulet
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »
Uhm, Harry learned his philosophy from Ebenezar, sure - but partly so did Margaret, his mother, even if she clearly veered off quite a bit from Ebenezar's ideas. Hence there's a pretty good chance her pentacle means exactly what Harry thinks ;)

My argument against that is Ebenezer's lessons to Harry didn't seem to stick to Margaret, going from what we've learned about her. It's uncertain what her actual philosophy was.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 09:23:29 AM »
My argument against that is Ebenezer's lessons to Harry didn't seem to stick to Margaret, going from what we've learned about her. It's uncertain what her actual philosophy was.
Maybe, though she did eventually come back to the good side of town, where I imagine she might've suddenly remembered the "told you so" advice of her father.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2018, 12:13:53 AM »
Yeah, it's possible she was raised by a single parent, away from Justin, who eventually tracked her down.

That possibility aside, I find it very hard to believe that Justin wouldn't use his biological paternity as leverage against Elaine in his manipulation; orphans are starving for familial affection. If Justin told Elaine that he was her father, he very, very likely wouldn't have ever felt the need to even try to thrall her.
Daughters sometimes have issues with absentee father figures.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?