Author Topic: The Dresden Files Death Battle Arena  (Read 13322 times)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Dresden Files Death Battle Arena
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »
You're right Quantus. I just reread the fight scene, I didn't remember offensive magic being much of a factor. It wasn't, after all. He is a shifty character. Heh
Im curious what the cause of that was; Time? Or are Rock People just that much more resilient.
They're particularly hard headed. Heh. Heh.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2018, 02:44:45 PM »
You're right Quantus. I just reread the fight scene, I didn't remember offensive magic being much of a factor. It wasn't, after all. He is a shifty character. Heh

They're particularly hard headed. Heh. Heh.
Ouch, so much punnage...  ;D
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
Gard vs Kincaid?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »
Gard vs Kincaid?
Depends how good Gard's "health plan" actually is.  Can Choosers of the Slain be killed?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 02:42:00 PM »
Depends how good Gard's "health plan" actually is.  Can Choosers of the Slain be killed?

Good question. I'm assuming magical means with enough oomph would work, but I don't know about conventional weaponry. They could be immune to mortal weapons as a job perk. Otherwise, getting killed by a stray arrow while choosing slain from the Battle of Hastings would be a tad embarrassing.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
Good question. I'm assuming magical means with enough oomph would work, but I don't know about conventional weaponry. They could be immune to mortal weapons as a job perk. Otherwise, getting killed by a stray arrow while choosing slain from the Battle of Hastings would be a tad embarrassing.
On the flip side, if anyone (besides Harry) were going to know how to Kill the Unkillable, it's Kincaid. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »
She's totally killable. Heh.
Her bones break, the Grendlekin did a number on her and almost killed her with purely physical methods, and she doesn't look like she's able to perform evocation. She'd bring her axe and box of rune tiles though, which would make her dangerous in a prolonged encounter.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 06:00:46 PM »
She's totally killable. Heh.
Her bones break, the Grendlekin did a number on her and almost killed her with purely physical methods, and she doesn't look like she's able to perform evocation. She'd bring her axe and box of rune tiles though, which would make her dangerous in a prolonged encounter.
Oh, she's HURTable, no denying.  But then her plan was to just superglue her sleeve back together and wait for it to repair itself.  Even Mantled immortals can take damage, the question was more whether it takes Special Circumstances to keep her down.  you could /hurt/ Aurora with Iron, but it had to be on the proper Killing Field for it to be permanent damage
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2018, 06:04:07 PM »
We're assuming this almightyish force has taken that into account and enabled sudden death mode for pseudo earth, otherwise what's the freaking point?

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2018, 06:26:02 PM »
We're assuming this almightyish force has taken that into account and enabled sudden death mode for pseudo earth, otherwise what's the freaking point?

As specified, Pseudo-Earth is experiencing the equivalent of Halloween, so Immortals are not safe. That being said, some things grant a similar effect to Immortality that might not be suspended by Halloween. For instance, the noose Nicodemus wears. It ostensibly makes the wearer invulnerable to all but itself. We haven't put Nick on a nuclear test site while wearing the thing, but we also haven't seen him hurt while wearing it, either. I am assuming the question posed by Quantus is of a similar vein - does Gard have anything that prevents her from being killed in certain ways or under certain circumstances? And if she does, would Kincaid have a way around it?