Author Topic: Cowl is Justin reboot  (Read 20318 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Cowl is Justin reboot
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2018, 06:32:50 PM »
Here is a different question along the same line...  May Harry have siblings who are no longer alive?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2018, 09:13:16 PM »
Depending on how Jim interpreted and then thought while  responding to the question, there may be some wiggle room.  We do know that Thomas does have siblings.  It could be that Harry has siblings but not on his mother's side to be symmetric in logic.  Harry AND Thomas wouldn't have any full siblings, they aren't even full ones.  Harry AND Thomas might have a half sibling out there but it would contradict woj but if so would be consistent with woj that says Jim lies.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:15:36 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:59 PM »
You'd think that if Malcolm had had any kids, he'd have mentioned it at some point.  Like when he comes back to visit Harry after he's dead. 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2018, 11:08:53 PM »
Okay, this is something that's been bothering me in the series. Wizards live 300-400 years, right? Why then is Harry showing signs of aging at 40 or so? According to Butters, his cells make near perfect copies, so he should be like 23-25 yo physically.
If this is right then it seems reasonable that Harry's mother was rather old when she had Harry. And, I'm talking a couple hundred years old.  It seems likely to me that Maggie Sr. had plenty of time to have other kids.
It doesn't seem that reasonable to me. In camp Kaboom flashback during White Night, Luccio mentions trouble adjusting to the new body, magically as well as physically; saying "Of course, it had been a hundred and forty years since I'd put up with a monthly cycle."
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2018, 12:20:52 AM »
Okay, this is something that's been bothering me in the series. Wizards live 300-400 years, right? Why then is Harry showing signs of aging at 40 or so? According to Butters, his cells make near perfect copies, so he should be like 23-25 yo physically.It doesn't seem that reasonable to me. In camp Kaboom flashback during White Night, Luccio mentions trouble adjusting to the new body, magically as well as physically; saying "Of course, it had been a hundred and forty years since I'd put up with a monthly cycle."

Harry lampshades the answer to that himself - it's not so much aging as accumulated injuries that his healing is only keeping up with.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2018, 12:25:13 AM »
However, to get to your post, I don't think we know what Martha Liberty meant by that statement.  I don't think she meant that Harry was meant to be Justin's enforcer.  The fact that Harry rebelled against Justin would seem to weigh against that interpretation.  Also, even in a worse case scenario, if Harry had gone bad at a young age, how is one more Warlock a danger to the White Council?  The Council must have been afraid that Harry was something special, but in a very bad way.

Yeah, I looked it up. What Martha said was "What he was meant to be." I don't think the Senior Council has enough of an idea what Justin's actual agenda was for merely being groomed into his thug to merit that much of an ominous overtone.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2018, 01:00:34 AM »
And yet instead they know enough about what Maggie planned?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2018, 01:11:29 AM »
Well if Martha, Eb and LTW know enough about Starborn to recognize Harry's birth date as falling in the right conjunction after Margaret spent the best part of a century and a half camping out in the Nevernever to stay biologically young, that in itself would be a pretty glaring hint. Martha might not have known exactly what ends Maggie meant to use her Starborn offspring for, but just figuring out she was trying for one explains Martha's comment.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2018, 04:04:14 AM »
Okay, this is something that's been bothering me in the series. Wizards live 300-400 years, right? Why then is Harry showing signs of aging at 40 or so? According to Butters, his cells make near perfect copies, so he should be like 23-25 yo physically.It doesn't seem that reasonable to me. In camp Kaboom flashback during White Night, Luccio mentions trouble adjusting to the new body, magically as well as physically; saying "Of course, it had been a hundred and forty years since I'd put up with a monthly cycle."

Jim said that wizards age normally until around 50 years old, and then stop aging.  They start to decline around the 400 year mark.

You'd think that if Malcolm had had any kids, he'd have mentioned it at some point.  Like when he comes back to visit Harry after he's dead.
Not if he wanted them to have a long life ;).  I'm wondering if Harry's mother had any children that have died..  I mean having her first child when she's older than 100?  Seems a bit odd.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:07:26 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2018, 12:54:32 PM »
Jim said that wizards age normally until around 50 years old, and then stop aging.  They start to decline around the 400 year mark.
Not if he wanted them to have a long life ;).  I'm wondering if Harry's mother had any children that have died..  I mean having her first child when she's older than 100?  Seems a bit odd.
I believe he also said, in the case of Maggie, there were relativity shenanigans thank to all her NN travel. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2018, 01:23:54 PM »
I believe he also said, in the case of Maggie, there were relativity shenanigans thank to all her NN travel.

Makes me wonder how much time she actually experienced. Ditto Gatekeeper.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2018, 11:11:43 AM »
Makes me wonder how much time she actually experienced. Ditto Gatekeeper.
Same.  It would be funny if she developed this huge rep, but half of the mystery was because she accidentally Rip-Van-Winkled it a couple times
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »
Same.  It would be funny if she developed this huge rep, but half of the mystery was because she accidentally Rip-Van-Winkled it a couple times

The truth is Maggie Sr went on a drunken bender with her bestie Lea one weekend and when she wakes up finds out that someone fucked with the time dilation in that section of the Nevernever because 'This night should last forever'.

Everything that she was involved in afterwards (Lord Raith, Legion of Doom, Starborn Babies) was just a series of increasingly unfortunate accidents and coincidences that spiraled horribly out of control as she tried to keep the drunken, debaucherous acts of that 75-year-long weekend a Secret from her dad.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »
Well, one thing some Amber characters specifically do to give themselves more time is practically akin to go venturing off in the NeverNever. For Amber, it is venturing off into particular worlds that have different rates of time relative to Amber.  I think it is the further you travel from Amber, the more different and perhaps different time rates are.  So, if Maggie Sr. is adventuring in NeverNever lots and other characters not originating solely from DF are effectively walking about in the NN, there becomes an increasing likelihood that Maggie Sr. path may intersect with one of these other characters since the Dresdenverse is a metaverse containing these other cultural universes.

So, I still wonder about Malcolm Dresden and Mac.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2018, 10:26:08 PM »
The truth is Maggie Sr went on a drunken bender with her bestie Lea one weekend and when she wakes up finds out that someone fucked with the time dilation in that section of the Nevernever because 'This night should last forever'.

Everything that she was involved in afterwards (Lord Raith, Legion of Doom, Starborn Babies) was just a series of increasingly unfortunate accidents and coincidences that spiraled horribly out of control as she tried to keep the drunken, debaucherous acts of that 75-year-long weekend a Secret from her dad.
Good God... ;D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير