0 (0%)
One Story with minimal impact beyond
6 (37.5%)
One Story with Series changing impacts
9 (56.3%)
Other
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Projections: Time Travel Moving Forward  (Read 7808 times)

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Projections: Time Travel Moving Forward
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 06:27:29 PM »
Actually, I think Jim may use the TT book to let us see how some of the "inconsistencies" really aren't.  LIKE, who fixed little Chicago.  Harry did.

I doubt it'll be the case, but I could see him doing that too.

I do think Harry is the one who did. Either his memory of it is gone, or it hasn't happened yet. Other than him, no one that I know of had means, motive, and opportunity.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 01:25:09 AM »
 There is another person in proven guilty that Harry was telling all his plans to...Murphy.  if there is anyone other than Harry, lash, Bonnie, lasciel that could track Harry's plans in pg it would be Murphy.  Mab would go without saying.   
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2018, 03:04:33 PM »
Other, cause I forsee two direct time travel loops, one which is basically reality itself...
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 07:14:15 PM »
I can see their being a Prime Reality in the nature of Ambers predominant Shadow one shadow removed from Prime.  This would be similar in respects to the Prime Reality (or at least close to Prime Reality) that Harry finds himself in when he is taken to Uriel's office in Ghost Story.  I think the things that occur in this reality is more substantial and meaningful, more endurable than in other places.  I think when it comes down to the biggest of fights we will once again be on this Plane of Existence or an existence even closer to the Prime One.  And Uriel is assembling his Army to fight on this field.

I think in the end there will need to be a set of Harry's or one Harry that needs to be closest to this Prime Reality than the alternates.  Our Harry, the one that makes the best choice for the Multiverse/Universe needs to be this Harry Prime.  In this way, his Choice becomes the most enduring and that choice propagates in all (most all) Shadow Realities.

In the end, I think the struggle for Harry and his allies (those favorable to multiverse/universe) is to compete to be in the privileged position of Prime, perhaps even with respact to which timeline ought to take precedence.  So time manipulation when it comes down to time travel may be attempts to thread the needle to get into this position ultimately.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:20:22 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2018, 03:27:59 AM »
Ha, not likely. That would involve Jim being nice to Harry.

Unless of course he does that to a different Harry, and our Harry shows up in that timeline and sees the life he could have had, only to then have to leave- or worse, destroy Happy!Harry's idealistic life himself for 'The Greater Good' (Shut it)

That I can see Jim doing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:29:59 AM by forumghost »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2018, 03:44:44 AM »
I can't imagine Jim using Time Travel to rewrite history entirely.  I mean, if he goes back in time to, say, GP, saves Susan from becoming a vampire, etc... It basically means that the entire plot of several of the books just doesn't happen any more, why bother reading them, just skip them and let the recap in the book fill you in on whatever you missed.

Now, it MAY change how we view some of the events that have happened, another perspective on motivations, whatnot and so forth.  Find out who was behind certain mysteries, and the like.  But for changing events as written in any fundamental way? I doubt it.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2018, 04:14:41 AM »
I can't imagine Jim using Time Travel to rewrite history entirely.  I mean, if he goes back in time to, say, GP, saves Susan from becoming a vampire, etc... It basically means that the entire plot of several of the books just doesn't happen any more, why bother reading them, just skip them and let the recap in the book fill you in on whatever you missed.

Because the reader will see what changes occur because of the time travel change made. Not saying it will happen but if it did you could see the good, and bad things that happen because of Harry's choices.  Something you couldn't really do if you skipped ahead as you suggested.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.