Author Topic: Harry's Godmother is Leah.... May he have a Godfather as well?  (Read 5442 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Harry's Godmother is Leah.... May he have a Godfather as well?
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:33:08 PM »
What are your thoughts?  If he was to have one, who do you think it would be? 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's Godmother is Leah.... May he have a Godfather as well?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 11:07:26 PM »
A Godfather seems redundant with a Godmother.  They both do the same thing, yes?

Plus, Lea probably wouldn't care for the competition.

If he does, I imagine it'd be someone on Malcom's side, just for the symmetry.  That would also explain why Harry doesn't know about him.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 12:00:54 AM »
Due to Lea's personality, I doubt there were any volunteers.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 12:10:35 AM »
I was wondering recently about Lea and when we will find out who her progeny are.

I know I have wondered in the past about Lea being related to Harry via Maggie Sr and McCoy.  See the conversation between McCoy, Harry, Lea at the end of Changes.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 04:54:03 AM »
A Godfather seems redundant with a Godmother.  They both do the same thing, yes?

No...  Well it depends.  I could see Jim thinking it funny, and very much with the lore for Harry to have a "fairy" godmother.  However in the religious tradition there is a godmother, and godfather.  I'm leaning towards the fairy godmother angle but a godfather seems possible as well.  If Maggie chose his godmother it would make sense that his father chose the godfather....  Perhaps Marcone?  It's like something from the Godfather movie which I could see Jim laughing at as well...  Also we could get a "Harry I am your godfather" with Harry screaming "nooooooooooooooooooo" Star Wars style.... 

We could also see that Marcone has appeared as an adversary to Harry but may actually have been trying to protect Harry in a twisted sort of way...  Like if he is his godfather but also bound to keep it secret.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:59:41 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 05:07:15 AM »
Wouldn't it be really funny if it turned out that Cowl was Harry's Godfather?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 05:14:27 AM »
Wouldn't it be really funny if it turned out that Cowl was Harry's Godfather?

No connection (for me as a reader) to Cowl...  So it would be underwhelming at this point.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 05:21:29 AM »
No connection (for me as a reader) to Cowl...  So it would be underwhelming at this point.

No connection that we know of.  For all we know it could be someone Maggie Sr. asked to look over her son, before he'd gone dark side.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 05:34:43 AM »
No connection that we know of.  For all we know it could be someone Maggie Sr. asked to look over her son, before he'd gone dark side.

No I meant that I don't feel a connection as a reader to Cowl...  He hasn't had enough face time for me to feel connected enough to care.  Of course if it turns out another character we see more often is in fact Cowl that would change things for me.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 06:11:40 AM »
Ah ... gotcha.  I totally get that.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
Maybe I am reading something wrong; but, most times Cowl talks and acts like the angriest person on the planet. Except for when Harry summoned and contained the Erlking. Then, he was only sarcastic and maybe gave Harry a slight nod of approval. Just a passing thought.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Bacchus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »
the gatekeeper seems to pop up to help and look after dresden from time to time and he was friendly at least with maggie SR because of them both walking the ways so much.
i could see her asking him to look out for her son.
of course that would be a bit weird because he would have totally dropped the ball from age 6-16 and he doesnt seem to watch out for her other son.

edit: anyone with a normal set of morals wouldnt work because of how harry was left to suffer from 6-16 while leah probably just thought that being a unloved orphan was the perfect way to toughen him up before wizard training.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:40:07 PM by Bacchus »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 07:07:58 PM »
edit: anyone with a normal set of morals wouldnt work because of how harry was left to suffer from 6-16 while leah probably just thought that being a unloved orphan was the perfect way to toughen him up before wizard training.

Justin was a respected member of the White Council, and a Warden.  It's doubtful that it was common knowledge that Harry was suffering.  As a matter of fact Harry wasn't really suffering I don't think.  It wasn't until the betrayal from Justin that Harry's world was turned upside down.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 10:00:19 PM »
Point of Order but Justin didn't adopt Harry until his magic manifested at around 12- Before that he was languishing in the System for years.

Also, nobody in the council even knew Justin had an apprentice until he murdered the man and burnt his house down.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 11:43:46 PM »
Vadderung?