The Dresden Files > DF Spoilers

Reference Collection Review

(1/3) > >>

raidem:
I'm going through the Reference Collection and will be jotting down my thoughts within this thread as I come across things.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,33109.0.html

raidem:
List of Headaches [CD spoilers]
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35813.0.html

I'm wondering if some of these headaches may coincide with dangers to Demonreach.
We know certain causes of headaches namely: Mab, Bonnie, and injuries.  I think though there may be 'conservation of history' at play OR actions that may endanger Demonreach that will cause headaches.  Why the Demonreach connection?  Because of these lines:

--- Quote ---Then I saw the dissonance appear. Bob had chosen to show it as a sullen red light that began to pulse lightly at the westernmost edges of the great design. It began as something faint, but then, like an oncoming headache, started to throb into something larger and more noticeable. Where scarlet and blue light touched, there were ugly flares of energy—flares that I had been sensing ever since I’d gotten to the island. Before long, that scarlet pulse had spread to half the island, and then, abruptly, the screen went white. Text at the bottom read, NOVEMBER 1.
--- End quote ---

Or it is just Harry drawing a similarity without any real connection between headache and Demonreach.

kris.vickers:
Forgive my memory, but since Bob's signature color is orange. Has Bonnie gotten a color yet? Since labor pains were some of what Harry's headaches were originating from, have we seen a Bonnie color already perhaps?

raidem:

--- Quote ---And very gently, he drew back the black blanket. She looked like a child maybe twelve years old, in the last few weeks of true childhood before the sudden surge of hormones brought on the chain of rapid changes that lead into adolescence. Her hair was dark, like mine, but her eyes were a crystalline blue-green, the way Lash’s had often appeared. Her features were faintly familiar, and I realized in a surge of instinct that her face had been constructed from those of people in my life. She had the square, balanced chin of Karrin Murphy, the rounded cheeks of Ivy the Archive, and Susan Rodriguez’s jawline. Her nose had come from my first love, Elaine Mallory, her hair from my first apprentice, Kim Delaney. I knew because they were my memories, right there in front of me.
--- End quote ---

Lash-- her eyes were a crystalline blue-green
Murphy--her square, balanced chin
Ivy--her rounded cheeks
Susan--her  jawline
Elaine--her nose
Kim--her hair

I'm gonna go with the color of her eyes, "a crystalline blue-green" as being her color.

raidem:
Dialogues and Portents.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35236.0.html

Harry's family
"I can show them to you, Harry Blackstone Dresde, as they really are," Chaunzaggoroth assured me, his voice dulcet.  "You've never seen your mother's face.  I can give that to you.  You've never heard her voice.  I can let youhear that as well.  You know nothing of what sort of peope your parents were - or if you have any other family out there.  Family, Harry Blackstone Dresden.  Blood.  Every bit as tormented and alone as you are ..."

Harry and Hell
"No," Denton said, white showing all around the grey irises of his eyes.  "No, wizard."  He raised his gun.  "I don't believe in hell.  I won't let you."

Cassandra's Tears
"Fire," she wispered.  "Wind.  I see dark things and a dark war.  I see my death coming for me, out of the spirit world.  And I see you at the middle of it all.  You're the beginning, the end, of it.  You're the one who can make the path go different ways."

The above reminds me of say two Harry's one starting dark path toward her death, and then Harry opposing it.  This may mean that Harry will end up fighting his other, most likely even another -Harry aside from the one in Mirror Mirror.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version