Author Topic: Marcone and his knowledge  (Read 1704 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Marcone and his knowledge
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:21:01 AM »
Marcone from the beginning wanted to hire Harry.  That would have meant an agreement, and in the magical world that's not a small deal as Harry learned from his godmother, and Mab....  Then there is the question of how Marcone even knew Harry was the real deal, and not some joke....

What I'm wondering is how...  What is his connection to the supernatural world?  Could he actually be in debt, or serve someone else?  I can't help but wonder if Harry had signed on the dotted line with Marcone that he'd be in the same situation that he is with Mab right now.  Then there is the situation with the missing Coin that Marcone is connected.

Marcone may just be the most dangerous vanilla mortal out there in the supernatural community but there could be more to it than that...  There is the theory that Mac gave up his Mantle or Grace to be mortal....  Could Marcone be something similar?

thoughts?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:34:53 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone and his knowledge
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 02:11:31 PM »
My theory has it that he knows a future and it could be 'best' served if Harry got out of Murphy's way.  He'd use his knowledge of some future to bind his father to prevent him from doing something 'stupid,'  something like what choice he made in GP.

The alternative could be that he is Mab/Murphy's son but not Harry's.  In this case he would still want Harry out of 'Murphy's' way as he believes she more capable than Harry to deal with some things.  If the relation is true, it could also mean that Murphy has an intrinsic "I can't die" property as she has to TT into the past to assume the mantle to 'spawn' Marcone.  This fact, that Marcone is Mab's son, would put people in the know of his heritage on guard against him but wanting to use him against Mab.  This is why he has been repeatedly the subject of so many plots.  If he is Harry's son, then it seems reasonable to assume that Harry has a "I can't die" property until his conception is brought about.  This tidbit though really significantly puts holes into the idea that Harry sires Marcone as we know -Harry summons Harry's to kill.  It is still an area under development, but there is denying that there is strong interaction between the choices and actions of Harry and those of Marcone.

In the case of no familial relationships, I still think he has via deals etc some clues as to what problems spots on the horizon that needs to be headed off.  He will use Harry judiciously etc sometimes when he needs Harry to do a job, other times sending him away when he needs that to happen too.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:31:54 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html