Author Topic: Is the WK mantle affecting Harry's sperm?  (Read 6998 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Is the WK mantle affecting Harry's sperm?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 05:25:58 AM »
I do not think creating a child in the dresdenverse is just sperm and egg, it is also spiritual. Parts of Haryy and  Murphy’s spirit and soul are merged to make a new spirit and soul.

Much like Bonnie actually.

The influence of the mantle will be minimal if Harry keeps a good seperation between himself and the mantle, keeps being himself.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 02:05:17 PM »
I'm trying to remember, when Harry was on DR with the two ladies, did he mention that they looked alike now?

Yes, Maeve and Sarissa looked alike.  Their fairy gene group is highly active such they look much like a typical fairy princess would, even Sarissa prior to getting the mantle by virtue of being daughter of the Queen.  That is how I see it.  There would be a blending between Mab the individual's genetics, the father's genetics, and the fairy genetics for both Maeve and Sarissa.  The Lady mantle would further push Maeve toward the Lady archetype, but given Mab had been Queen 800+ years, I think her eggs had a heavy does of fairy genetics infused into them such that there wouldn't be a drastic difference in appearance between Maeve and Sarissa.  They are both daughters of the Queen.

I do not think creating a child in the dresdenverse is just sperm and egg, it is also spiritual. Parts of Haryy and  Murphy’s spirit and soul are merged to make a new spirit and soul.
The point is that Jim has said the offspring of Fae and Humans have a fairy 'gene group' that becomes a 'dormant gene group' the further the 'generational gap' between changeling and subsequent generation.  Genetics are passed on via egg and sperm so I assumed that this gene group is partly found within each.  You may argue creating a child is also part spiritual, well I'd argue in terms of fairy genetics that a "spirtual" piece of the fairy genetics exist with the egg/sperm.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 02:16:20 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 04:49:05 PM »
I think Id be willing to buy that becoming the Host for any significant chunk of the Fae Queen Mantles, including the Knight, would be high enough exposure to the most primal powers of Faedom could be enough to cause a spontaneous mutation development of the Fae Gene-group, especially given that we already know it is substantially responsive to environmental Stimuli.  And on top of that I could easily buy that regularly mixing Winter energy with your own Magic would promote (if not guarantee) that process, at least relative to a host who does not regularly channel that purified energy.  And that's not even considering the implications of mixing Winter Power and SOULFIRE
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 07:59:41 PM »
Yes, Maeve and Sarissa looked alike. 

Sorry, I was referring to Maeve and Lily.   Did THEY look alike.  I just don't recall.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 08:01:59 PM »
Lily started to look like Aurora, who looked somewhat like Maeve in SK.

So, in time likely but not as close as Sarissa and Maeve at that point.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:04:21 PM by raidem »

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 01:33:45 PM »
Ya, it was a little weird and caused some wrinkles in the casting threads:  per the initial descriptions, Maeve and Aurora look more like twins than Maeve and Sarissa. In SK the resemblance was instantly noticeable to the point that Aurora had to wear a disguise the first time she met Harry.  But it took all of CD and then literally standing them next to each other before anyone noticed. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
Maeve and Sarissa weren't identical twins though.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »
Maeve and Sarissa weren't identical twins though.
They were still Biological twins though, even if not identical.  It's still odd that cousins would look more alike than biological twins, I would think.  Though now we are talking the daughters of biological Identical twins vs direct non-Identical Twins, and I have no clue how the genetic odds fall out there.    :o :o

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 12:28:26 AM »
Well, that is where I think the mantles come into play to change the person's appearance.  Lily was changing closer to Aurora.  Maeve and Aurora had become 'identical twins' faerie wise perhaps.  Maeve and Lily was on that progression.  Maeve had already reached that state.  Lily was progressing.

I'd argue before that Maeve, Sarissa, and Aurora had tier 1 princess fairy genes.  That could mean they are closer to the state of what a fairy Lady should look like and need less 'changing' than others.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:32:23 AM by raidem »

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2018, 12:56:44 AM »
Ya, it was a little weird and caused some wrinkles in the casting threads:  per the initial descriptions, Maeve and Aurora look more like twins than Maeve and Sarissa. In SK the resemblance was instantly noticeable to the point that Aurora had to wear a disguise the first time she met Harry.  But it took all of CD and then literally standing them next to each other before anyone noticed.

Harry calls them identical twins, so I think Maeve and Sarissa looked very much like each other. Their differences we're likely mostly cosmetic - clothes, hair color, make up, and mannerisms. Also, Harry had a lot going on probably spent more time looking at Maeve's body than her face.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2018, 03:53:06 PM »
Harry calls them identical twins, so I think Maeve and Sarissa looked very much like each other. Their differences we're likely mostly cosmetic - clothes, hair color, make up, and mannerisms. Also, Harry had a lot going on probably spent more time looking at Maeve's body than her face.
I agre in general, they clearly look very similar. But given that it took several people (including Murphy the Trained Observer with No Penis) a decent amount of time and a side-by-side comparison to notice the similarity, while with Aurora it was instantly obvious to the point where Aurora needed to use actual illusions to hide her face.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2018, 08:44:30 PM »
They were also fighting like sisters. That was the immediate clue.  Murphy pretty much got it then.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2018, 09:27:41 PM »
Yeah, noone gives a person as much crap as a sibling.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »
They were also fighting like sisters. That was the immediate clue.  Murphy pretty much got it then.
Precisely, the clues were behavioral rather than the striking and purely physical resemblance between Maeve and Aurora
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 03:44:33 PM »
Yeah, I agree.