Author Topic: Disproof  (Read 14668 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Disproof
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 05:43:41 PM »
Which do you guys think is more likely TTMurphy becoming our Mab via time travel or Molly becoming Mab via time travel?  And, when I say time travel with regard to Mab, I'm talking about either one going back 1000+ years to ascend to become OUR Mab.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:14:55 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 06:00:27 PM »
Which do you guys think is more likely TTMurphy becoming our Mab via time travel or Molly becoming Mab via time travel?  And, when I say time travel with regard to Mab, I'm talking about either going back 1000+ years to ascend to become OUR Mab.

I don't think either of them are likely, but if I had a gun to my head, I'd pick Molly, because she's already in a position to ascend.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 06:20:39 PM »
Eh, there was never any indication that Lily had magical abilities prior to gaining the mantle, and I want to say there were some references in Cold Case about how a Lady with prior magical training wasnt common (but I could be mixing it with the Knighthood statements to that regard).
Lily was a changeling, that is magic.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
Arjan is pointing out certain hoops that have to be jumped through in order for the Murphy/Mab theory to work.  So, it isn't so much as disproof as an argument that has to be considered and appropriately addressed.

I do though allow for a non-magic user to gain access to a mantle. And we don't know if Murphy has changeling roots somewhere down her family line.  And, we don't know for sure that Mab had no affect on who the winter lady mantle went to. 

Can Mab affect who gets the Winter Lady mantle? I suspect so given Titania saying the Summer Lady mantle didn't go to one of her choosing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:52:47 PM by raidem »

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 07:02:05 PM »
Too bad there isn't something in the text about Mab: and now that I think about it Titania, being shorter than the average fae, because then I think you might have something.  However, that might not be a real clue either because I believe Mab can be any height she wants to be.  I do remember that Lea is taller than Mab, though I can't remember what book I read that in. 

If Mab = anyone else, I have to go with Ms. Duck's theory of Mab = Molly, though I don't really buy that one either. 
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 07:21:03 PM »
Arjan is pointing out certain hoops that have to be jumped through in order for the Murphy/Mab theory to work.  So, it isn't so much as disproof as an argument that has to be considered and appropriately addressed.

I do though allow for a non-magic user to gain access to a mantle. And we don't know if Murphy has changeling roots somewhere down her family line.  And, we don't know for sure that Mab had no affect on who the winter lady mantle went to. 

Can Mab affect who gets the Winter Lady mantle? I suspect so given Titania saying the Summer Lady mantle didn't go to one of her choosing.
I think the only thing she can do is groom suitable candidates and then bring them at the right place and time to be considered by the mantle as a suitable host. So keep a suitable candidate nearby at halloween.

Of course she can just kill the Lady at the stone table and have the replacement rady.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 08:31:03 PM »
At the end of ghost story, Mab tells Harry that he will never be her ally in his heart. She also tells him that she will never trust him.

Mab can't lie, so if she is also Murphy, that would mean that Murphy will never trust Harry and that Mab believes Harry doesn't truly view Murphy as an ally.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 08:57:48 PM »
At the end of ghost story, Mab tells Harry that he will never be her ally in his heart. She also tells him that she will never trust him.

Mab can't lie, so if she is also Murphy, that would mean that Murphy will never trust Harry and that Mab believes Harry doesn't truly view Murphy as an ally.
I dont know, those statements seem like they're restricted to the Future Case.  I mean, you likely could have said a similar thing about Susan in Changes but that would not have impacted or negated what had gone before (not trying to start a susan tangent, it's just the first example I came up with). So long as Murphy came before Mab, that could still be a true statement from Mab's timeline (which every keeps saying is a stupid mortal construct anyway). 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 11:13:04 PM »
I dont know, those statements seem like they're restricted to the Future Case.  I mean, you likely could have said a similar thing about Susan in Changes but that would not have impacted or negated what had gone before (not trying to start a susan tangent, it's just the first example I came up with). So long as Murphy came before Mab, that could still be a true statement from Mab's timeline (which every keeps saying is a stupid mortal construct anyway).

Harry clearly relies upon Murphy as an ally in both Cold Days and Skin Game. Those are in the future with respect to Mab's comments in GS, and Mab would know that she was Murphy and that Harry, would, in the future, be considering Murphy an ally.

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 04:06:18 AM »
Which do you guys think is more likely TTMurphy becoming our Mab via time travel or Molly becoming Mab via time travel?
Neither one is at all likely. You have some fun with your ideas, but I highly doubt that is the story Butcher is telling. Have you ever tried to develop your own stories? With as much energy as you put into this, you could create your own original material and then we could all post theories on a forum for your books.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:29:06 AM by Ananda »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 04:41:04 AM »
Which do you guys think is more likely TTMurphy becoming our Mab via time travel or Molly becoming Mab via time travel?  And, when I say time travel with regard to Mab, I'm talking about either one going back 1000+ years to ascend to become OUR Mab.

Murphy most likely.  It would be a time travel story where Murphy gets the Mantle, and Harry has to go back to the future, leaving her there in the past.  When he see's present day Mab there will be a moment they share where Harry says something like "I'm going to save you Murph" because he knows there isn't much left of her from what the Mantle had consumed.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 05:17:11 AM »
I like it. It's largely how I saw it finally playing out.

I still feel like that promise between the "two of them being the Titanic full steam straight ahead right into the iceberg" is going to play out near the end with Outsiders, the mantle, their relationship etc. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:21:59 AM by raidem »

Offline twobee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 07:53:05 AM »
I hate to burst your bubble, but unless you can explain how Murphy or Molly has an identical twin sister that we have somehow never heard about or seen evidence of, neither one can possibly be Mab. WOJ has specifically said Mab and Titania are twin sisters, in the biological sense

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
Cloning.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 10:14:19 AM »
Mitosis?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?