Author Topic: In This, The End of All Things, I Come Out of Lurking  (Read 17118 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: In This, The End of All Things, I Come Out of Lurking
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2018, 12:26:40 AM »
I don't see these things as the same in any regard. One affects the body and mind, the other the mind and soul. I'd like to know how you got the sense of Jim's disappointment, because maybe that will help convince me.

And be as defensive as you like; patterns are everywhere, even if not everyone sees them. I'd never dream of discouraging you; that's not my intent by disagreeing.
i'm not even sure that makes enough sense for me to answer, what does the mind and body, mind and soul? Fae vs angels?
(same way I pull details from books and read peoples intention, my intuition, which I can't share. I mean honestly I've read 20k+ pages written and drafted by him... I certainly couldn't have gotten ANY insights into his mind from that...)

*your technically right I suppose, See again my comment on how they are composed of the disparate things outsiders are seeking to gather to themselves to 'exist'. The way the Mantles were broken off were to effect Spirit, which is tied to the body and Angels are soul, which is tied on the other side to the spirit.. But Archangels... FM gave the dibs on them, the exist in all 3 dimensions simultaneously, that's why Uriel is able to transubstantiate. He didn't create a physical form, he separated a physical form from the spirit and soul aspects, the grace. I theorize some of those pure intellects we've seen from outside actually had their pieces taken from them via the stone table, which is why they are so connected to the fae courts. as wholes they would be akin to Archangels. I think that's near the state most true 'gods' are at. The starborn, are the body of that break down in a way...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:18:57 AM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: In This, The End of All Things, I Come Out of Lurking
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2018, 04:31:00 PM »
They can still claim the defendant was unable to prove their whereabouts at the time of the crime.

I'm pretty sure they cant, IF the suspect was careful enough to invoke the 5th Amendment at the start of an interrogation.

It is when the suspect answers the first questions, e.g. "I was home alone. Nobody else was with me that confirms that.," that they can make that claim, because the 5th Amendment doesn't protect you from things you already said, only those things you refuse to say.

But if the suspect pleads the 5th from the start, the best a cop could say is that they were unable to find any evidence indicating the defendant was somewhere other than the crime scene. They could not testify that they asked the defendant where he/she was or that the defendant failed to give an alibi.