Author Topic: Justine’s heritage  (Read 10040 times)

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Justine’s heritage
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:42:17 AM »
Did anyone come up with a good WAG as to Justine’s parentage? I recall a WoJ that she’s not entirely human. And she’s kinda weird to be honest.

Jim included a line in Grave Peril at Bianca’s party where Justine basically tells Harry that she experiences wild mood swings from time to time & Thomas’ presence helps. I thought it was kind of a cop out from Jim about we shouldn’t feel like Justine is a victim with Stockholm Syndrome, but looks like he may have been setting something interesting up.

What do you guys think?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Justine’s heritage
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:45:01 AM »
I thought she might be a changling since her mental issues seem similar to what Sarissa had.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 07:40:56 PM »
According to Kavros, Justine's mood swings are what make her so delicious to the Vamps.  Makes her emotions much stronger.

At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »
I thought she might be a changling since her mental issues seem similar to what Sarissa had.

Yeah she's probably some kind of mix...  Changeling or one parent was mortal, and the other was something else....  Something is causing her to swing back and forth.  I wonder if her being balanced out when fed upon is because it's her other, non vanilla side being fed on.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »
I always liked to think that she actually had Cassandra's Tears, which drove her to instability. Lydia's introduction in the same book was a little too coincidental to me, and Lydia wasn't exactly a picture of mental health. Her association with a different Vampire Court also appealed to my sense of symmetry.

It kind of ties in to my thought that those with Cassandra's Tears are descendants of second-born children of the Archive maternal line.

I don't know if she's a changeling or not, but I'd be interested if she had some kind of connection to the Fomor.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 11:31:40 PM »
I would put Justine under the category mostly mortal but not fully mortal.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:38:49 PM »
Maybe she’s part tribble?  Think of how cute her tribble baby might be if the tribble genes come to the forefront. Here’s a sample pic of her holding her baby.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 12:02:07 PM »
Can't be, Uhura is better looking than Justine.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 07:04:00 PM »
Maybe she’s part tribble?  Think of how cute her tribble baby might be if the tribble genes come to the forefront. Here’s a sample pic of her holding her baby.

More likely a Gremlin ...

(click to show/hide)
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 12:53:11 AM »
I love Gremlins. A good holiday movie.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »
I think she has demon blood in her and that makes her emotionally unstable. I think that kravos knew exactly what Justine was. I also think if you want a good idea of her back story read the short Even hand. Justine rescues a little girl being held by the former. I think at one Time Justine was held in similar circumstances.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 08:30:07 PM »
Is it possible Justine at one time was mind manipulated by a wizard, and it messed her up?  We know that people can be damaged if this is done.  Perhaps she has a parent or sibling that messed with her mind?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 02:09:05 AM »
I have no idea about Justine's heritage, and I suspect it doesn't matter- that biologically speaking, she's quite ordinary

Rather, she's just extra-tasty to Wampires because she's the reincarnation of a Paranormal Romance protagonist that migrated from a parallel universe.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 04:55:10 PM »
I think there are plenty of mentally unbalanced normal people out there that we don't have to go beyond humanity for her heritage.

Could she be a scion of a demon or something, sure.  But really, I doubt it.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »
Just want to stop by and fan the flames a bit. We know that when Thomas was mortally injured he fed on Justine to heal himself. Lara states that based on his injuries it should have been a fatal feeding. The accepted explanation is that Thomas held himself back (at risk to himself) out of his love for Justine. What if she has some other attribute due to her parentage that protected her?