Author Topic: Nathan Hendricks  (Read 5982 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Nathan Hendricks
« on: December 12, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »
I realize there is a WOJ from Priscellie that Hendricks first name is Nathan.  Is there any book reference to his name, or twitter, reddit, etc reference by Jim that says the same thing?

Marcone
2010 Powell's books Q&A off of Youtube @0:30
With Regards to Even Hand
It's from the perspective of John Marcone, and sort of shows you what he's doing behind the scenes.  And if you read the short story and then go and read the story that's in Changes in Burger King, it has two totally different meanings.

2011 Bitten by Books Q&A
John Marcone has been on the fence for most of the series. Sometimes he does the right thing, sometimes the wrong. Will there be a book where he goes full good guy or bad guy?
I think it’s safe to say that Harry will never get a clear read on Marcone. Sharks aren’t good or evil. They’re /sharks/.
I say this, of course, only because I miss the recently departed Shark Week.

Per Priscellie Jim told her at ComicCon:
Hendricks' first name is Nathan

@BillyYank Marcone was a Marine.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:04:37 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Nathan Hendricks
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 03:57:18 PM »
Did a google search. There is a Nathan Hendricks charged with murder in Independence, Mo (Butcher's stomping ground).
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »
The reason why I ask this is because in a thread where I discussed that Marcone was descended from Harry and Murphy, and that his origin was in time traveling etc, someone mentioned a similarity between what I was asserting and the Xmen character Cable.  So I did research into Cable and his name was Nathan Summers, with an alias of Nathan Winters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_(comics)
Notable aliases   
Nathan Winters, Nathan Dayspring, Askani'son, Soldier X, Chosen One, Traveler

So, I was trying to link Marcone with this Cable guy who looks like this...

I took the impression that the Section on Marcone was all about him, so I saw Nathan in the section and wondered if it was Marcone's name.  It should be noted that Priscellie's herself in Reddit disputed this and argued that it was in fact Hendrick's name and not Marcone's.  Now, if there is no in book, direct woj from Jim via video, reddit, twitter, I'm going to propose that there exists a possibility that Marcone's first name is Nathan, that it slipped out, that someone wasn't suppose to let it slip out, and there is a cover up to that fact.  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:58:23 PM by raidem »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »
Lol, Winters and Dayspring huh? Guess he served on both sides of the court at different points in Time.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:59:45 PM »
Check out the last paragraph Jonas. Also, do you remember any occurence where we learn Hendrick's first name aside from Priscellie.  I think I need to search Even Hand.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 05:03:43 PM »
Not off the top of my head, no. But I don't own Even Hand, only read it once... Perhaps I could think maybe in SmF when Gard and Hendricks appear together she might have called him Nathan, but idk.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 05:31:08 PM »
Well the theory of this if it has merit goes like this.

Jim intends for there to be similarities between Marcone and Cable.
Jim names Marcone in some way after Cable, hence Marcone's first name is Nathan.
Marcone has connections to Summer and Winter, perhaps going so far as to his last name too.

This gets me to wondering if perhaps Allison Ann Summers in Grave Peril is Marcone's daughter.  In my theories this would mean Harry just saved his granddaughter.  Cool, huh :)
Aside cont. Priscellie points this out on Reddit years ago about Allison Ann Summers:
Alison Ann Summers (the baby Harry and Michael save from Agatha Hagglethorne in GP) = Alyson Hannigan and Buffy Anne Summers

Jim tells Priscellie Marcone's first name after she asks about it. It seems it was told to her only, not others so that would/could suggest it was information told in confidence not meant for common knowledge yet.
She mentions it. It is recorded by someone in WOJ section on Marcone.  Since it leaked, there is a need to blot out this information. Therefore, it is associated with Hendricks instead of Marcone.  It should be noted that Jim admits he lies for a living and has said don't believe a word he says. I think we should at least use same standards of questioning WOJ of those close to Jim when there isn't other qualifying evidence in text, comics, videos, q&a's etc.

In conclusion, this really only has merit if there is a desire on Jim's part to draw strong parallel between Marcone and Xmen's Cable, even down to their first name.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:17:41 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 05:55:57 PM »
The reason why I ask this is because in a thread where I discussed that Marcone was descended from Harry and Murphy, and that his origin was in time traveling etc, someone mentioned a similarity between what I was asserting and the Xmen character Cable.  So I did research into Cable and his name was Nathan Summers, with an alias of Nathan Winters.
Notable aliases   
Nathan Winters, Nathan Dayspring, Askani'son, Soldier X, Chosen One, Traveler

So, I was trying to link Marcone with this Cable guy who looks like this...

I took the impression that the Section on Marcone was all about him, so I saw Nathan in the section and wondered if it was Marcone's name.  It should be noted that Priscellie's herself in Reddit disputed this and argued that it was in fact Hendrick's name and not Marcone's.  Now, if there is no in book, direct woj from Jim via video, reddit, twitter, I'm going to propose that there exists a possibility that Marcone's first name is Nathan, that it slipped out, that someone wasn't suppose to let it slip out, and there is a cover up to that fact.  :)
I think it was me that made the reference to Cable, bit of an X-men fan.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 05:59:13 PM »
Not off the top of my head, no. But I don't own Even Hand, only read it once... Perhaps I could think maybe in SmF when Gard and Hendricks appear together she might have called him Nathan, but idk.
I was thinking that myself. I know it was the book where Harry caught on that they were more than coworkers.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 06:51:56 PM »
So, Marcone is the Dresdenverse Cable.
You are the origin of the idea linking what I was describing Marcone to be with Xmen's Cable.

Per Priscellie Jim told her [it] at ComicCon.

It should also be noted that Jim mentioned it to her at a ComicCon. So, if there is a link in Jim's mind between Marcone and Cable, it could be germane that Marcone's first name might inadvertently bypass Jim's security protocol at keeping things close to the vest. That is, if it wasn't Hendrick's first name as Priscellie states.  He could have mentioned it in confidence, etc...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:12:04 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »
(Reddit)
5 years ago by moobiemovie 
A few I've found:
—Dr. Brioche and Waldo Butters are "bread and butter."
—In Heorot, originally from My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon the kidnapped woman is Elizabeth Braddock. This is also the name of "Psyloche" from the X-Men.
—The forensic tech in Aftermath is named "Jarvis," which is the name of Iron Man's butler.
—This one may be purely coincidence, but Murphy's last partner was "Henry Rawlins," and Henry Rollins was the frontman for the band "Black Flag."
Reddit
priscellie 3 points 5 years ago
—The ant-sized faerie who guides Harry to Maeve's place in Summer Knight is named "Elidee." Because she looks like an LED.
—Herbert Orson Caine's name: think "Welles." "Herbert" from "Herbert George Wells," aka author H.G. Wells. "Orson" and "Caine" from actor "Orson Welles," who played "Citizen Kane."
—According to Jim, Billy and Georgia were unconsciously named after characters on Will and Grace, which his wife Shannon was a fan of.
—A massive number of characters are named for Buffy characters or actors:
Alison Ann Summers (the baby Harry and Michael save from Agatha Hagglethorne in GP) = Alyson Hannigan and Buffy Anne Summers
Charity Carpenter = Charisma Carpenter.
Spike the Bodyguard = Spike
Tera West = Tara Maclay
FBI Hexenwulf Roger Harris = Xander Harris.
The Fellowship of St. Giles = Rupert Giles.
Ragged Angel Investigations (where Harry apprenticed as a P.I.) = Angel Investigations
Not to mention to various Buffy references: Harry says in SK that his rod and staff "Make me feel all manly," a direct quote from Spike in "School Hard." In "Something Borrowed," Bob calls Murphy "Buffy," and when she regains consciousness, she says to Harry, "You have fruit punch mouth," a Buffy quote from the season 1 finale. In "Death Masks," Thomas wears a Buffy shirt to Harry's duel with Ortega. In "Blood Rites," when confronted by black court vamps, Harry hands Inari his broken blasting rod and tells her to "Make like Buffy." Plus Harry's Spikelike duster and the fact James Marsters reads the audiobooks.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:05:40 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Nathan Hendricks and Marcone's name
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
Wow, that is some extensive work, Raidem. We know Butcher is an Uber-Geek of the First Order writing to a fanbase of other geeks; so, tossing in these references is part of what appeals to both the reader and the writer.Could they mean something other than a nod of acknowledgement? Possible, but unlikely.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 09:21:48 PM »
Somehow I just stumbled upon it, but we now know that he has named a character in the Dresden Files Heorot Elizabeth Braddock, which is also the name of "Psyloche" from the X-Men.  Psyloche crosses paths with Cable so it's likely Jim knows about Cable too, particularly if he is versed well enough in the Xmen series as it seems he is.

So the question then is what is his designs for Marcone and is he being set up as a Cable like figure at some point.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:24:20 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
As a fan of both Dresden Files and Dragonlance. I sometimes try to see similarities between the Companions and Harry's Scooby Gang. The most obvious is Michael and Sturm. Is anyone else familiar with Dragonlance?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 11:11:58 AM »
As a fan of both Dresden Files and Dragonlance. I sometimes try to see similarities between the Companions and Harry's Scooby Gang. The most obvious is Michael and Sturm. Is anyone else familiar with Dragonlance?
vaguely yep. Lash's symbol and Raistlins eye's are a big thing for me(considering Jim at one point was in talks to redo the DL chronicles)