Author Topic: Unsolved Mystery Book10 the disappearing coin trick  (Read 7294 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mystery Book10 the disappearing coin trick
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 04:39:39 PM »
(If this sounds sarcastic or flippant, that isn't my intent): Are you suggesting that disrupting the Order of things—in this case by removing the Coins from mortal circulation with Lasciel's, Ursiel's, and Thorny's in the possession of Mab and Hades—that there will be backlash, and that the Walkers manifesting in our reality represents this backlash?

Also, yes, remember that Hades has both Lasciel and Ursiel; the Gensokwa was killed at the Ice Gate, and Harry didn't retrieve his Coin.

If I understand correctly, that's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how that would be explained if it's the case. Mac says there are three Walkers, and there are three Coins out of mortal hands now. This goes against the idea that Nemesis is He Who Walks Beside, of course, so maybe we'll see the third Walker come out to play soon.
More or less, yep.(forgot about Ursiel there) The coins balance out the swords 30 to 3, but as we've seen in the DF elsewhere most everything has a balance on the leverage. Usually in a tit for tat manor. but what if it's to keep their real counterweight in check, 3 walkers to take on 3 KotC. Other reasoning's that point that way, that the Denarians are basically breeding an atmosphere of apocalyptic potential... actually dispersing the energy from collecting and manifesting all in one spot or giving the walkers a penumbral mirror to cast themselves into reality with, as the Fallen take on the mirroring of all the host's actions themselves.

*I could, by and large wax eloquent about this theory for hours, as it's really the one that ties and binds most of the rest of my theories into one cohesive whole.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 06:44:44 PM »
Dresden files does have elements of Numerology to it.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 03:35:17 PM »
I had to read that 4 times to NOT see you suggesting that Mag and Hades picked up a coin and were hosting fallen.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »
If you can pick the holy grail and the spear of destiny and the shroud why not a few coins?

After all he does not take them out of circulation, he just makes sure the next holder is really motivated.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »
Well, it has to be better than the security that the church is usually. I remember Harry's comment about vending machines.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?