Author Topic: Needing Help with a Campaign  (Read 1928 times)

Offline lordoracle

• Participant
    • View Profile
Needing Help with a Campaign
« on: November 15, 2017, 02:55:03 PM »
I am finally running my Dresden campaign which I've been trying to get off the ground for 7 yrs (I procrastinate).

My overall plot involves a lost court of the Fae trying to resurrect their king, Oberon. My story behind this is that Oberon's court was driven out at the same time as the fomor.

Let me go ahead and say that I have been watching a lot of Disney's Gargoyles when this came to mind. I plan on the players encountering items which are part of a ritual. The first, which the players found when they stopped a fomor ritual, is an original printing of Midsumer's Night Dream with the inscription "Forget not the forgotten".

The problem I've hit is I'm not sure where to take it next. Only vague ideas of the other relics.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to offer them.
"If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research." - Wilson Mizner

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Needing Help with a Campaign
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:00:01 PM »
How about Oberon's bones, from when he was alive?

Something associated with Jesus' resurrection might also be appropriate. Like a piece of the True Cross.

As for non-relic ideas...

The players need to get directly involved in the situation somehow. First way that comes to mind is giving them a reason to take and keep one or more of the relics. Then the fey will have to come after them, or at least steal from them.

Might be able to stir up a little moral ambiguity by giving good reasons to both desire and fear Oberon's resurrection.

Offline lordoracle

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »
At the moment, they aren't aware anything is going on. I plan on using Puck as a foil, never directly fighting them because I never statted him figuring he might be better as a plot device. Physically, he should be overpowered (in the comics, he suckerpunched Lea and knocked her a mile away. He recovered from gunfire, automatics and shotguns, almost instantly.)

I might try to develop him as a mental/social adversary.
"If you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research." - Wilson Mizner

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »
Sent you a PM