Author Topic: Other Future Dresden works rumor thread  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Other Future Dresden works rumor thread
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 06:56:07 PM »
The Hobbit trilogy was originally planned by Tolkin.  He was working on a rewrite when he passed away.

I'd like them to take the first 7-8 books and storyboard the whole thing.  Tell the story correctly and there could be books that span several episodes or only a couple.  They don't HAVE to be independent episodes/seasons.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 11:08:36 PM »
I'd like them to take the first 7-8 books and storyboard the whole thing.  Tell the story correctly and there could be books that span several episodes or only a couple.  They don't HAVE to be independent episodes/seasons.

That is the key in my opinion. Only do as many episodes as are needed for each book. Do not get locked into each book is x number of episodes or each "season" needs x number of episodes and has to cover x amount. That is how we end up with filler that is week or rushed stories that miss important character beats.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 11:10:23 PM »
As far as short stories go, I would like to read the Hawaii story and something about Kincaid explaining to Ivy about shooting Harry.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »
As far as short stories go, I would like to read the Hawaii story and something about Kincaid explaining to Ivy about shooting Harry.

I can't wait for those two.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 09:19:44 PM »
Would Ivy know? As far as we know nothing written every passed between Harry and Kincaid. As long as he did not leave a paper trail to Chicago (which I am sure he knows how to do) there is really no way for her to "know" outside of human intuition.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »
She might not know; but, she might wonder.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2017, 12:22:48 AM »

I'd very much rather Hawaii was left a Noodle Incident, myself.

Also, I strongly suspect that a) Ivy getting kidnapped in SmF is a direct consequence of her developing a humanised personality (no point in the Denarians doing that before then because you can't torture information out of a filing cabinet) which appears to come about when and because Harry Names her (which creeps Kincaid out, a reaction I take very seriously) and b) that she is very likely to blame him for this, so Kincaid explaining to her about killing Harry may well get yelled at for not doing it well enough.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2017, 12:41:15 AM »
I know that Luccio suggested that it was bad to humanize the Archive. But, Ivy never got the chance for a life before her call to duty. Those that we attach ourselves to become, often, the main motivation in life.
Make Mine Butcher!

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »
I know that Luccio suggested that it was bad to humanize the Archive. But, Ivy never got the chance for a life before her call to duty.

Is her getting the chance for a life necessarily a net win ?

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »
I would say. Prior archives had a life before duty as a buffer to mantle. What would happen if buffer was gone?
Make Mine Butcher!

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 05:44:32 PM »
I would say. Prior archives had a life before duty as a buffer to mantle. What would happen if buffer was gone?

I suspect if that were a problem Nicodemus and company would have gone for her before, rather than after, Harry Named her.

I strongly suspect Ivy's grandmother's death was not an accident.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 06:29:49 PM »
I have had that thought about Ivy's mom as well. Was Nico that knowledgeable about Harry's and Ivy's connection?
Make Mine Butcher!

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »
I have had that thought about Ivy's mom as well. Was Nico that knowledgeable about Harry's and Ivy's connection?

He just needs to know Harry will treat someone who looks like a kid as a kid, I think.  To my mind Ivy having been Archive from birth is already in a unique situation, and I can quite by the vulnerabilities that come with that situation being part of Nicodemus' plan.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »
I can agree that the Archive at the present is both at most vulnerable due to its host and at its most powerful due to the buildup of power over time and the infomation age of computers.
BK5 steal holy relic and use it to cause a plague
BK10 Get a mantled being to take a coin
BK15 steal a more powerful holy relic
BK20? Use a data-connected mantled being to infect every internet and computer. Crash it and start a new dark age.
BK20 resolution. An adult Faith takes on Archive mantle.
Make Mine Butcher!

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2017, 02:08:14 AM »
I can agree that the Archive at the present is both at most vulnerable due to its host and at its most powerful due to the buildup of power over time and the infomation age of computers.
BK5 steal holy relic and use it to cause a plague
BK10 Get a mantled being to take a coin
BK15 steal a more powerful holy relic
BK20? Use a data-connected mantled being to infect every internet and computer. Crash it and start a new dark age.
BK20 resolution. An adult Faith takes on Archive mantle.

Personally, I reckon, that if Ivy dies without issue, a plausible next inheritor is the closest there is to an independent attempt to duplicate the Archive, that is, Bob.