Author Topic: Book 17 Mirror Mirror? Rumor thread  (Read 19482 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Book 17 Mirror Mirror? Rumor thread
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 08:21:00 PM »
I can personally guarantee that there will be an "I DON'T KNOW WHO TO SHOOT" moment because Alternaharry has shaved his goatee.

Also that Alternaharry grew the goatee because he realized that he was in the Evil universe.

Only if Harry is also missing an eye, or the other Harry creates an illusion since mm Harry has an eye patch.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 12:05:23 AM »
Hate-filled Warden Molly could easily come to pass if Michael didn't make it out of GP or DM because of something -Harry did did differently. If she grew up on Charity blaming -Harry for her beloved father's death, coming into her power later could look like a fate-given chance to bring -Harry to justice.

If Morgan doesn't bite it in the alternate timeline, Molly as his fanatical apprentice on the hunt for -Harry would make for a really entertaining pair of antagonists.
This one sounds like it will be most interesting read, especially with the ball of sunshine.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »
I'm still stuck on Molly being a Warlock.  Without Harry, I don't know who else would have figured out she'd come into her powers.

I doubt Morgan would have taken her on as an apprentice / Jr Warden given his hatred for all things warlocky.

At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 03:32:48 AM »
Howcome Winter Lady Molly never showed up in that soulgaze? Was it because it was such an unlikely scenario? Or was it because becoming the Winter Lady wasn't Molly's choice, but a consequence of other's Choices.

If it's the second, MMHarry's choice in GP could open some possibilities to Molly that weren't shown to our Harry in the soulgaze.

That being said, from a doylist perspective, if Jim had a plan for MM-Molly back when he wrote PG, I can't imagine he would have written the soulgaze scene without giving us a hint of it.

Simply put, WL Molly was too far in the future.  The images were of the next stage in her life, the 6 most likely forms to come from her state of mind.  The soulgaze could not predict future events.  Winter Lady Molly came out of the Apprentice Molly image.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 03:53:53 AM »
I'm still stuck on Molly being a Warlock.  Without Harry, I don't know who else would have figured out she'd come into her powers.
I doubt Morgan would have taken her on as an apprentice / Jr Warden given his hatred for all things warlocky.

The Warden / Morgan's apprentice theory would assume she didn't commit the initial mental invasion of Rosie and Nelson in the mirror timeline.

Her whole track of experimenting on her own once she realized she had power was heavily influenced by idolizing Harry and not wanting him to see her fumbling around as an amateur. If she instead grew up hating him for causing Michael's death, she probably would have taken discovering her power as a Sign From God that she was meant to avenge her father. Best way to do that is to seek out the Council for training.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 04:13:06 AM »
The Warden / Morgan's apprentice theory would assume she didn't commit the initial mental invasion of Rosie and Nelson in the mirror timeline.

Her whole track of experimenting on her own once she realized she had power was heavily influenced by idolizing Harry and not wanting him to see her fumbling around as an amateur. If she instead grew up hating him for causing Michael's death, she probably would have taken discovering her power as a Sign From God that she was meant to avenge her father. Best way to do that is to seek out the Council for training.

With her Mother's antagonism for all things magic, I don't know how she'd go about it.

Then again, she did learn a bit from books and the like.  So, I see it's plausible.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 01:23:03 PM »
I want all the Mirror, Mirror side books. And I want them soon :D
... hear me roar ;)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 12:18:39 AM »
What if Harry goes so dark that he takes Molly as an apprentice and lover? What if he gets her addicted to 3rd eye drug? Molly is drawn to the darkness and becomes that evil thing that looks like Molly but isn't. Harry trying to do right involves a pitcher of ice water. Harry not caring might see a powerful, love-smitten young girl in other ways.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 11:30:00 AM »
Hmm... I had girlfiends about 7 years younger than I so I can't say I'd condemn Harry. But why would she need 3rd eye drug? She literally has a 3rd eye.

And I don't think that "Evil" Harry will be _that_ evil. It's Harry. Goofy, shy, supernuker... but still Harry. Maybe with a few dings more. Maybe a bit more unscrupulous, because he knows the price for when situations don't get solved.
... hear me roar ;)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2017, 11:38:55 AM »
I was thinking about the "fey light in her eyes" potential image of Molly from PG. We know what it does to non-practitioners; what would it do to a magic-user? BK3 Harry was goofy with women. But, if sub-Harry is having more say 5 years later; which I think is happening because alt-Harry and sub-Harry are very similar, then using Molly in that way might seem more acceptable and doable.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2017, 11:46:58 AM »
And I can't say that I'd have a problem with that. Molly is a nice character. A bit too uncomplicated for me and too much of a goody-two-shoes, but a fine woman apart from that. She kinda fits Harry a lot more than Karrin.

Not to forget how Karrin+Harry intro is being dragged out. She'll be barren by the time they sleep together.
... hear me roar ;)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2017, 11:55:16 AM »
I think Harry has enough offspring to worry about. The man that has the hardest time with women has two daughters. How evil does that make Butcher?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2017, 11:59:27 AM »
I for one wouldn't mind having children :) I can't see the evil in that. Also: One of them is a spirit, so there will be no cost regarding schools, feeding bills or clothing. Unless Harry decides to make some kind of a special jewelry so she can be outside all the time to make it even more complicated... Oh! Wai-
... hear me roar ;)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2017, 12:23:47 PM »
Maggie could wear a necklace with her spirit sister in it. Interesting.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Firestarter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2017, 03:56:27 PM »
Wait, wait, wait... She's supposed to be the new Bob, only not so... lascivious. Hm... nevermind.

... hear me roar ;)