Author Topic: Book 16 Peace Talks Rumor thread  (Read 13471 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Book 16 Peace Talks Rumor thread
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
That sounded like a Butcher answer sans laugh.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »
Mister is getting (pardon the pun) long in the tooth.  He should have a dignified or heroic death.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline myfault

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 05:55:41 PM »
Just curious, so I am wondering if Harry will put Marcone on the wrong foot, by testing the real shroud on the young comatose Beckett.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 06:25:14 PM »
Welcome to the forums, as for Marcone and the Shroud, I think anything that Harry does to help the Beckitt daughter will be welcomed by Marcone. Her condition seems to be Marcone's greatest regret.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 06:42:02 PM »
Mister is getting (pardon the pun) long in the tooth.  He should have a dignified or heroic death.
Mister will be there before, during and after the apocalypse.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 06:44:27 PM »
Welcome to the forums, as for Marcone and the Shroud, I think anything that Harry does to help the Beckitt daughter will be welcomed by Marcone. Her condition seems to be Marcone's greatest regret.

Makes me think that Harry could've saved himself a literal box of diamonds by offering Marcone use of the Shroud for half a week.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 07:15:04 PM »
Makes me think that Harry could've saved himself a literal box of diamonds by offering Marcone use of the Shroud for half a week.
What he got from the vault is his ace-in-the-hole.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline myfault

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 08:20:03 PM »

Thanks only just read all the books and already looking for the next one :)

Marcone not liking it is why Harry might do it, and well, you know what he is like for damsels in distress type thing.  I am curious as to how he will use all these "weapons" though

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »
What he got from the vault is his ace-in-the-hole.

I'd rather have a box of diamonds. I can buy myself an ace-in-the-hole later if I need it while I live in a mansion made out of Faberge Eggs.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »
Like the books say, "secrets are crack for wizards."
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Bacchus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 06:45:47 AM »
I would want marcone to know as little as possible about any super relics i had if i were Dresden.

He has shown a desire to steal and own such relics in the past. and one of his main drives is to become as powerful as he can.  He did give the Turin shroud back but was that his original plan or just cause Dresden threatened him?

healing beckit to gain a massive favor from marcone is a great idea but Dresden should be very careful to still own all the relics afterwards.
also Dresden is poor because he doesn't  care about money at all.
 i could think of tons of ways he could easily get filthy rich without compromising his morals or being in much danger  But relics so insanely powerful that the gods decided they needed to be taken out of mortal hands unless some major world catastrophe is coming thats exponentially more valuable to someone like dresden

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 09:28:24 AM »
To add to your statement about Harry being poor, if I may. Staying underfunded is, also, a form of behavior control. A way to deny himself some luxuries and comforts.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »
To add to your statement about Harry being poor, if I may. Staying underfunded is, also, a form of behavior control. A way to deny himself some luxuries and comforts.

And a way to increase his discipline and mental focus.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »
I would want marcone to know as little as possible about any super relics i had if i were Dresden.

He has shown a desire to steal and own such relics in the past. and one of his main drives is to become as powerful as he can.  He did give the Turin shroud back but was that his original plan or just cause Dresden threatened him?

healing beckit to gain a massive favor from marcone is a great idea but Dresden should be very careful to still own all the relics afterwards.
 i could think of tons of ways he could easily get filthy rich without compromising his morals or being in much danger  But relics so insanely powerful that the gods decided they needed to be taken out of mortal hands unless some major world catastrophe is coming thats exponentially more valuable to someone like dresden

I'm saying use it to heal her, then stick it back in Demonreach. Marcone likely already knows that Harry's got it, but good luck actually taking it from him.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 05:25:40 PM »

Did he?  Per Harry something was returned, but it COULD have been an imitation.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---