Author Topic: Nicodemus wants to be God  (Read 21875 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Nicodemus wants to be God
« on: November 04, 2017, 04:37:58 AM »
Just a theory of mine. 

According to Jim the BAT will be when humans know about the supernatural world.  I think Nicodemus will use this to his advantage knowing people will be looking for a savior. 

I think that Nicodemus wants the Holy relics to perform miracles, and vanquish evil (with Spear of destiny) for the purpose of worshipers on a global scale.  He wants Christians to view him as the second coming of Christ, the Jews to see him as God coming to Earth, and same for Muslims.  With the combined worship of these billions of people he'd probably be the most powerful thing out there besides maybe TWG.  However because TWG and the angels don't violate free will, they will not intervene.  At least not directly. 

He will tell the world about how all the others (Sidhe, demigods, ect) are work of satan, and that he alone can save them.  Not only will this elevate him, but also in theory would begin sapping the strength of the others as all forms of worship either directly, or indirectly are greatly diminished as Nicodemus commands his followers on how to worship, and not to worship.

This is what Nicodemus means by saving the world.  He does want to save it.  He just wants to be greater than God.  He wants the world to love, and worship him.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:25:21 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Nicodemus wants to be God
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 05:47:57 AM »
The antichrist.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 06:01:15 AM »
More or less the anti-Christ in a way yes... I think it has to do with the specific rituals that tie the spirit of reality in place and the Yeat's poem the second coming plays around in it. The gyre in question creating an opposite mirror image of the actions and people of the last cycle of space/time. with two sides of the same coin choosing the opposing paths with different reasonings. Harry is more or less the antichrist in question... with Marcone being the dark mirror of TWC. But Nic totally wants to usurp the roles/powers of things I think, that or intentionally recreate a mirror image of the passion of TWC and steal the mojo for his evil self just like he did to Shiro.
Considering he wanted both the cup and specifically the knife, perhaps he wants to bleed a god or God?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »
Would bleeding an angel put Nico in touch with the power of TWG?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »
This is what Nicodemus means by saving the world.  He does want to save it.  He just wants to be greater than God.  He wants the world to love, and worship him.

That has potential... Nick as Galadriel

Nicodemus: "ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!!!!"

You know.... It's probably a good thing he's not. Harry would have been killed by now if Nicky was a hot elf chick.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 07:33:28 PM »
Would bleeding an angel put Nico in touch with the power of TWG?

I don't know...  But the worship of billions thinking he is God might.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »
I don't think angels have blood.  They are essentially energy beings, being made up entirely of soul fire.  When Uriel gave his grace to Michael, he created a human, mortal body to inhabit, but no longer had a connection to TWG.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 09:41:37 PM »
I don't think angels have blood.  They are essentially energy beings, being made up entirely of soul fire.  When Uriel gave his grace to Michael, he created a human, mortal body to inhabit, but no longer had a connection to TWG.
IDK man, thought that was the whole point of the MacFinn higher circle, to introduce beings that are both spirit and physical formation simultaneously, which explicitly included Archangels of which, if anyone qualifies would be Uriel.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »
beings that are both spirit and physical formation simultaneously, which explicitly included Archangels of which, if anyone qualifies would be Uriel.

Uriel is not both spirit, and physical form.  He's pure soulfire.  He's just capable of creating a body to house his consciousness like in Skin Game.  Not positive but I thought Jim even said something like he's just projecting a tiny part of himself into reality because his whole form is too big.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:36:42 PM by groinkick »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 11:05:23 PM »
Uriel is not both spirit, and physical form.  He's pure soulfire.  He's just capable of creating a body to house his consciousness like in Skin Game.  Not positive but I thought Jim even said something like he's just projecting a tiny part of himself into reality because his whole form is too big.
Negligible to what he actually manifests as. Uriel is either Both, or not an Archangel, just an angel. An I'd still say him being precisely the same without the grace is proof of his physical and spiritual existence in manifestation. Doesn't matter how big or small the toe, but the quality of the toe... lmao.
*The emboldened part reminds me more of what Fetches or demons do, spiritual entities.(neither of whom coincidently have 'soul')
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:08:13 PM by jonas »

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »
Whether there is a physical component to Uriel's manifestations or not, I still don't think he has blood.  Now, the blood his mortal form had would likely have had some interesting properties, but it would still have been just human blood.

And BTW, I would not classify MacFinn as anywhere near Uriel in power.  That higher circle wouldn't have done diddly to a being who can snuff out galaxies with a though.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 02:25:35 PM »
No but he appreciates a nice circle and you will hav a talking point to start the concersation.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 02:54:26 PM »
Whether there is a physical component to Uriel's manifestations or not, I still don't think he has blood.  Now, the blood his mortal form had would likely have had some interesting properties, but it would still have been just human blood.

And BTW, I would not classify MacFinn as anywhere near Uriel in power.  That higher circle wouldn't have done diddly to a being who can snuff out galaxies with a though.
That's power level, not genetic make up, like comparing WL with MW. Both technically fairy..
Putting Macfinn's beast on a different weight class that hasn't otherwise been used was intentional. Though the only quantifiable difference I can point out offhand is, Being both the spirit of rage and the human MacFinn simultaneously gave one of the biggest superbeasts the ability to directly effect fate, unlike creatures for whom higher circles hold no purpose. Angels can do similar, it just costs them so much more on the scale of things, i.e. personal balance. Archangels though, (maybe i'm pointing the idea of Archangel too close to the idea of 'horseman' for reality...) seem to have the quantity of both mortal and immortal one the same being.(as opposed to being a mortal combined with an immortal mantle)

Random incomplete tangent:
Woj is, N can't effect Angels because they are too absolute. Take the example of Lash possibly being the Reaper in GS, she came to being by dying utterly, combination of soul and spirit fused to new form, ala anybody dying per Bob. An Yes, it's very indicative she was a spiritual entity existing in a human that became an Angel proper.
So.. Take say TWC, who died utterly(especially if they used Medea's Bodkin on him as the spear tip) but was also reborn utterly. He is both powerful diety and Mortal underneath, but they are one and the same thing. Giving him Archangel like power and Mortalish form(like Mac perhaps? ;) ) and a heavy need to make no choices or take no actions because of unintentional results.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:56:58 PM by jonas »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »
That's power level, not genetic make up, like comparing WL with MW. Both technically fairy..
Putting Macfinn's beast on a different weight class that hasn't otherwise been used was intentional. Though the only quantifiable difference I can point out offhand is, Being both the spirit of rage and the human MacFinn simultaneously gave one of the biggest superbeasts the ability to directly effect fate, unlike creatures for whom higher circles hold no purpose. Angels can do similar, it just costs them so much more on the scale of things, i.e. personal balance. Archangels though, (maybe i'm pointing the idea of Archangel too close to the idea of 'horseman' for reality...) seem to have the quantity of both mortal and immortal one the same being.(as opposed to being a mortal combined with an immortal mantle)

Random incomplete tangent:
Woj is, N can't effect Angels because they are too absolute. Take the example of Lash possibly being the Reaper in GS, she came to being by dying utterly, combination of soul and spirit fused to new form, ala anybody dying per Bob. An Yes, it's very indicative she was a spiritual entity existing in a human that became an Angel proper.
So.. Take say TWC, who died utterly(especially if they used Medea's Bodkin on him as the spear tip) but was also reborn utterly. He is both powerful diety and Mortal underneath, but they are one and the same thing. Giving him Archangel like power and Mortalish form(like Mac perhaps? ;) ) and a heavy need to make no choices or take no actions because of unintentional results.

I believe Uriel actually made a statement about beings like Thomas who are half immortal.  What he said disputes your claim about him being mortal underneath as he differentiated between a being like himself, and another as Thomas who has a mortal half, and immortal half.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 07:41:27 PM by groinkick »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »
I believe Uriel actually made a statement about beings like Thomas who are half immortal.  What he said disputes your claim about him being mortal underneath as he differentiated between a being like himself, and another as Thomas who has a mortal half, and immortal half.
Not at all, imagine if Thomas's other half were born through/into him, would he cease being a mortal? or would an immortal being be 'born' into our world? Which means it's less to do with having a 'mortal' underneath and more to do with belonging to reality proper, which by proxy would seem to make one entirely mortal here sans an immortal existence elsewhere simultaneously.

On a (presumed offhand) scale,
1Mortals
2Gods who gave up true immortality to dwell here(Odin/Norse)
3Gods who dwell in the NN but are still of here(fae queens)
4Gods purely of the NN, spiritual deity
5Angels, Those who exist beyond.
6Archangels, those who exist both beyond and here at the same level 

4-6 seem to also house various levels of outsiders though.... *sigh* i'm still working on this obviously. The why forths are holding me back as I can't directly see define the differences between certain groups. Some of them I can presume at and some of them would rely on building up a whole explanation/theory into and of itself.