Author Topic: Proven Guilty - some minor unanswered questions  (Read 13045 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Proven Guilty - some minor unanswered questions
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 08:40:34 AM »
I really want to know who Molly thought she was talking to before she was taken by Fetches.
I only remember her Yelling, did her brother say she spoke too? I've figured maybe the ones who came into the door and crossed the threshold bound themselves differently to their task than hammerhands did outside.
He hurt (little Michael?) but the ones who invaded only retrieved Molly, depending on the why for of it all that act could be construed as toward helping... say by sucking her Nfected lifeforce out?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
There was a brief conversation. Here is the quote:
We listened to Daniel's recounting of the attack. It was simple enough. He'd heard Molly moving around downstairs and had come down to talk to his sister. There had been a knock at the door. Molly had gone to answer it. There had been an exchange of words, and then Molly had screamed and slammed the door.

"She came running into the living room," Daniel said. "And they broke down the door behind her and came in." He shivered. "They were going upstairs and Molly said we had to distract them, so I grabbed the poker from the fireplace and just sort of jumped them." He shook his head. "I thought they were just costumes. You know. Like... really stupid burglars or something. But the Reaper grabbed me. And he was going to... you know. Cut me with that curved knife." He gestured vaguely at his wounded arm. "Molly hit him and he dropped me."

So whatever the mask was it had to be someone Molly trusted enough to invite inside and somewhat familiar to the fetches. All three of the fetches had experience with Harry so they could have used his appearance. Could also have been Rawlings possibly. Molly might have invited a police officer in. My money is on the boyfriend Nelson. Since it was Molly's mental manipulation of him that attracted the fetches I think they were capable of taking his appearance.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 03:16:11 PM »
*cough* Sandra Marling *cough cough*

Don't mind me, I'm just throwing some gasoline on this speculation fire over here.  ;D

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »
I like the thought of the boyfriend.

As to Sandra Marling ... I just don't see her as a bad guy.  Not sure why other do.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 05:01:22 PM »
I like the thought of the boyfriend.

As to Sandra Marling ... I just don't see her as a bad guy.  Not sure why other do.

Because, Rasins, she's spooky!

Nah, there's a little bit of circumstantial stuff around her; the nametag printers weren't working all week (though that's just as easily from Molly's Murphyonic Field), she's the one who got Molly working with the convention, and she's also the one who planted the idea of using fear to combat addiction in Molly's head.

Personally, I didn't even remember the character until I started coming here a while back, and I wouldn't be surprised if few average readers do, so for that reason, if no other, I don't think she's important.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »
Plus Sandra Marling smacks of the same ineptitude as Ms Sommerset did in SK, that of a fishy(key word for Fomor) fae trying to come up with a normal cover name.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 05:36:19 PM »

RE: Sandra, there's also something in the DFRPG about her (on how she disappeared after PG mysteriously IIRC).
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 11:21:22 PM »
It was the RPG that got me believing something was going on with Sandra. She is,also, in the running as a possible Kumori.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 03:07:20 AM »
Wow, until this thread I never had a second thought about Sandra. She looked pure vanilla mortal to me. Someone used to introduce Harry to the con and provide some background. Now you guys have got me wondering. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence around her that she might be spooky. Implanting the idea of using fear speaks the loudest to me. We know (or we assume) there was some kind of background game going on with Molly. Some game designed to make sure that Molly ended up as Harry's apprentice. Ms. Marling could have been the front used to bring Molly's powers to Harry's awareness.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 04:40:19 PM »
Because, Rasins, she's spooky!

Nah, there's a little bit of circumstantial stuff around her; the nametag printers weren't working all week (though that's just as easily from Molly's Murphyonic Field), she's the one who got Molly working with the convention, and she's also the one who planted the idea of using fear to combat addiction in Molly's head.

Personally, I didn't even remember the character until I started coming here a while back, and I wouldn't be surprised if few average readers do, so for that reason, if no other, I don't think she's important.

Have you BEEN to a convention like this?  I'm surprised the printers were working at all.  LOL

And I get the other stuff.

But I didn't know about the RPG stuff.  That would push my paranoid needle toward the upper scale.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 05:42:23 PM »
Marling is definitely connected to the supernatural. But, which faction? My best guess is Mavra. Is there anybody else that seems like a possible?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »
Can the black court create thralls without killing them?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 07:58:46 PM »
What if she was complaisant?  What if she approached a Blampire and said she'd work for them?

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »
What if she was complaisant?  What if she approached a Blampire and said she'd work for them?

That would mean she has a knowledge of the supernatural in general and some desire to work for the Black Court in particular. Since by WOJ black court vampires are evil that does not say good things about Sandra if this is the case.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 09:51:52 PM »
My guess would be desperation or coercion.
Make Mine Butcher!