Author Topic: Dead Horses that have not beenbeaten  (Read 15862 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Horses that have not beenbeaten
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
You know, I had a theory and I don't know if I published it or not.

What if the books are really each different versions of Harry?  What if each book is kind of a Mirror Mirror book and we just didn't know it.  Subtle differences between are explained that way (Bianca's Assistant's Name and the like).

The universes are similar enough that almost everything is the same, but not quite everything.
Your not wrong i'd say. I think at various points in between books(or during) the timeline shifts slightly, showing us different versions of Harry. The funny thing is, I think each version subtly matches up to one of those many similar characters... Odin, GK, even Nic in his own way. In the end these different 'versions' should show, or at least in MM.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 12:32:24 AM »
That would be very confusing.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »
That would be very confusing.

Well, some of the "inconsistencies" are very confusing.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 07:03:53 PM »
Well, some of the "inconsistencies" are very confusing.

I invoke Raidem for "Time Travel."

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2017, 09:53:58 PM »
I surrender!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2017, 10:23:20 PM »
I surrender!
It's simple really, watch Harry's magic and how he uses it, what he favors best and each time this changes it represents a significant change in the timeline. Which... generally match up to one of the mantled characters that have 'versions', GK, Odin, ect and changed after every third book, which is when the possibilities start to spin off in at least two directions each time. which if i'm right about it happening 5 times, means last one is book 17 MM... ::) Technically Harry 'Prime', the alternate identity and of course MM Harry's version, which twines together. the alternate spin off version is a result of time travel, multiple versions ending up in one timeline. Oh... and one where he died, always one were he failed too..
 When it starts, SF, Harry is channeling lightningbolts from storms and favoring flash wind spells, in Book 2 he uses faith in magic to throw his pentacle 'like a lightning struck oak tree' at the Loup. in these books he was channeling Odin/Thor variations, In SK he changes subtly and of course, if GP had ended different his magic would have been different there but also if he'd excepted the WK mantle then.. he'd be dead, and so would that reality from Mab Nfected and Titania distraught. That's where Hwwb4's memeory of Harry being strung up actually came from, a now dead universe. second arc culminates in the Hand burning and confronting Raith(who I think in MM came out for the better vs Lara/overall) and generally focuses around if Harry picked up the coin or not.
And so forth, I don't have them all mapped out entirely, but one good clue is in Odin and Kringles descriptions, Odin is lean like a young 'runner', Harry trains running in early books to escape baddies, Kringle has muscles and Harry as the WK has been doing some serious buffing up, ect. The flying carpet in GS in Molly's mind and the one the GK rides later, the GK is the version who excelled at Mind magic mostly I think.
First Harry travels backwards in time hopping closer to his own timeline by altering events indirectly so they have the same outcome as in his(which is the one where he already went back and did all this of course) and in doing so saves himself 5 other times, making 5 universes where he ultimately succeeds... 5 times, at the same time ::)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:49:24 PM by jonas »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »
I invoke Raidem for "Time Travel."
Time travel? It is time to split of to another mirror world without it.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2017, 06:43:33 PM »

I am sick of both time travel and Mirrormirror speculation... :P   At this rate the book is at least six years off...

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »
I am sick of both time travel and Mirrormirror speculation... :P   At this rate the book is at least six years off...

LOL ... could be ... could be.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2017, 09:14:36 PM »
What if the books are really each different versions of Harry?  What if each book is kind of a Mirror Mirror book and we just didn't know it.  Subtle differences between are explained that way (Bianca's Assistant's Name and the like).

I had some thoughts, posts etc on that in my less lucid days. I think it was combined with lots of IN and OUT posts. First off the IN and OUT refers to sets of realities either mostly IN (safe from Outsiders) or mostly compromised OUT; or IN being set of realities that are active, OUT being those inactive at the moment. As to time travel, I assumed that Team OUTsiders took a time travel gambit to sabotage the timeline, we are basically seeing effects from their attempt. Team Insiders (at least Harry's part) have yet to counter the sabotage but will. It's this gambit/counter that is playing in the background of the story that we aren't really clued in on.

Anyway, One things I had discussed was this WOJ- that I'm vaguely recalling/paraphrasing namely that timelines and parallel realities behave like frequencies, or some such.  So, an IN/OUT theory with frequencies could be interpreted in such a way that there are at events in one reality popping into another. So, in some instance the wave pattern of our and another realities sync and some facts of this other reality replace/or at least create errors within ours.  I also hypothesized that people have a connection with these other selves along the parallel realities and that their behavior in a particular reality could be affected in a synced way by circumstances/behaviors/ect of their other selves.
In one example I provided was an InMab and OutMab, where Mab has to fight against a nemfected part of her mantle or Mab that is from another Reality.

The other thought was something like you suggest. It was a statement made by another though in describing some of what I was saying.

In one of the books, MacAnally's bar gets a different sign than any of the other books.  I wondered if there was a particular time travel/alternate reality reason for it.  I also liked or hoped that maybe his bar was like a central hub of many different parallel realities. Let's say there is a Bar right next to his in the NN and it's like the bar all Time Travel/Parallel Reality Travelers go to.  I made a comprehensive list of all the occurrences of the the sign, I hope it made it into Reference Collection.

Here is the link to discrepancy list.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,32830.0.html
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:51:39 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2017, 03:01:43 PM »
Here's another one ...

What happened to the other puppies who were not returned to Brother Wang?  Mouse's siblings.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »
Here's another one ...

What happened to the other puppies who were not returned to Brother Wang?  Mouse's siblings.
Jim is going to use them later, they are probably bad news for Harry.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2017, 05:07:11 PM »
Here's another one ...

Jim is going to use them later, they are probably bad news for Harry.

They, or she?

I read the WoJ awhile back, but I'm wondering when they/she will show up.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »
I believe it was a 'they', in the sense that someone has more than one.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »
I believe it was a 'they', in the sense that someone has more than one.
I thought it was singular, they have his brother? Made a really really old wag on that, that cowl or somebody ended up with him..