Author Topic: Mab/Murphy Ironies  (Read 37009 times)

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Mab/Murphy Ironies
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2017, 12:26:19 AM »
Not to derail off topic (Good heavens no.) But seeing as this is very heavy on Mab's timeline or potential timeline, I gotta ask a couple questions. I think I remember the answers, but if I'm even close to right, it brings up another important consideration.

When did Mab move from Lady to Queen?

When were Maeve and Sarissa born?

When did Maeve become Lady?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2017, 12:29:20 AM »
Ok, YAY. I get to try to guess at things.

Baseline before I get started.
First off, I allow for there to be an original 'ourMab' that isn't Murphy first off. I heavily rely on iterations and recursions in allowing for time loops that are identical but then have a slight error that propagate from there. So an insertion of Murphy would be a 'error' though the loop would still be quite similar. Perhaps, we wouldn't know in all loops that Mab=Murphy, maybe we do run across a loop where it's the orginal or and error of an error. So, It's left to some extent as an open question. Thought I do believe we will learn some Mab's real name.
How does Murphy go over a thousand years into the past?
This is hard as it has many possibilities.
1) Time Travel sponsored by Archangel, Mother level entity, Mab level entity, Lady level entity, Wizard (w/Harry?)
2) Time Travel near Demonreach, it most likely has eddies near it that go both forward and backward in time as a result of its creation in 5 times all at once.
3) Murphy say at a Family Reunion that gets transported into the distant past (think Milwaukee disappearing in 1994)
4) Murphy tags along with Sue in TT event.

How does she find herself in a situation where she has enough Fae connection to assume a Queen Mantle?
1) We don't know if she does/doesn't have fae roots. Molly was several generations distant and needed 'rehab' to make her into vessel.
2) She has been at Arctis Tor, been in NN, fought several Fae, killed them, killed Winter Lady, trains with Einherjar whose Lord has a Mask of a Fae King (Kringle), knows that Immortals can be killed on Halloween, knows that Molly was shaped into a vessel for Lady...
How does she skip over being Lady or does she?
1) Theory allows Murphy to become Mab in future without TT (Molly would have to give up mantle or ascend to Mother)
2) Mab=Murphy requires Murphy to TT into past remaining childless as she does so and take out a Winter Lady, or be near one when one dies.
3) She would need to be a better vessel than other potential candidates nearby in the case the Winter Lady 1000++ years ago died.
4) It would need to be during a conjunction or circumstance similar to Halloween, etc.
5) She would need to acquire Lea as her handmaiden
Does this tie into the twitter comment about him writing "Murphy's funeral?"
My guess, Harry and Murphy talk about marriage, therefore "Murphy's funeral" is talked about.
Or, there is WOJ that Harry's relationship don't work out that well, and Jim's answer was like, Yeah, so there will be a reason why Harry/Murphy won't work out, yet.
My favorite would be for her to get picked up by say Mother Winter and thrown into the past. Or, some Fae set out to avenge a perceived insult to Mab for Murphy capturing Harry's heart. And then she gets secretly carried away to appear later down the line. ETC.
I just don't know if it's too soon for Murphy to be out of the picture.

See this post, It has similar thoughts:
http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,50304.msg2292401.html#msg2292401
Excerpt:So, Murphy would be Winter Lady, for how long I don't know (WOJ our Mab as a Winter Lady chose Lea to be her handmaiden).  Her appearance would have to already begun to shift.  And, then some sudden set of events that aligned with the last time things got awful in the wizarding world, it ended with at least both Mab and Titania dying, who else we don't know, which allowed our Mab, our Titania to assume the mantle of Queen roughly around the time of the Battle of Hastings.  Around that time, Mab and Titania stop speaking.  Give us 1000+ years and I don't think we can assume we would be able to identify that Murphy that had been Mab for 1000+ years is our Murphy.  They'd look totally different.  So, that is one thing my theory counts on, a mask for Queen Mab that camouflages her identity, which will stun us when it is revealed.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:55:03 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »
Wow, I wasn't expecting immediate answers; just questions to mull over. Now, I gotta do some thinking.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »
Not to derail off topic (Good heavens no.) But seeing as this is very heavy on Mab's timeline or potential timeline, I gotta ask a couple questions. I think I remember the answers, but if I'm even close to right, it brings up another important consideration.
See this Post as it answer much of what you ask.
http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,50304.msg2292401.html#msg2292401

Around the time of the Battle of Hastings, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hastings
Mab is 1000+ years old.
I believe ourMab is the one who took over control of the Outergates for Winter.  There is woj that Mab had to go into debt to pull together the resources in this takeover. It was these debts she was paying off that eventually led to her paying off the debt she owed Nicodemus.
No.  Mab was not the first Mab.  Mab was originally Winter Lady, and Lea was her Jenny Greenteeth.  She was her sidekick and handmaiden.  And so when Mab got promoted Lea did too.  So she got to be much more powerful and awesome.  But that was a while back.  When that happened.  And the same thing with Titania.  The Winter Queens actually died.  The last time things got awful in the wizard world.  So things are about to get awful in the wizard world again and they're a bit nervous.  They're a bit nervous about Dresden.  Well, Titania is very nervous about Dresden.  Mab is keeping her enemies close.
I'd say somewhere between 1760-1790 at the earliest, this matches the birth and death of Mozart. So their birth with him being the father would be skewed somewhere to 1780's.  We don't know exactly how old they are. We just know they were born to an Austrian composer.
Prior to 1850.  We have woj that Molly has a backlog of 150 years of jobs to do. That would suggest Maeve hadn't been doing some of what she was suppose to for 150 years.
Can we get a break down of the biological relationships between the various Fae Queens we have seen on screen? Of particular interest - Maeve and Sarissa, were they actually Mab's kids (biological sense)? If so, who was Mab's baby daddy?
Mab and Titania are actual twin sisters.
Maeve and Sarissa were twin sisters, from Mab. Their father was an Austrian composer and musician who died young.
I was wondering if Mab was the first Winter Queen?
No.  Mab was not the first Mab.  Mab was originally Winter Lady, and Lea was her Jenny Greenteeth.  She was her sidekick and handmaiden.  And so when Mab got promoted Lea did too.  So she got to be much more powerful and awesome.  But that was a while back.  When that happened.  And the same thing with Titania.  The Winter Queens actually died.  The last time things got awful in the wizard world.  So things are about to get awful in the wizard world again and they're a bit nervous.  They're a bit nervous about Dresden.  Well, Titania is very nervous about Dresden.  Mab is keeping her enemies close
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:55:37 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »
Hey wardenferry:

4) Murphy tags along with Sue/? in TT event.
There is WOJ on Sue:
Q Are we ever going to see Sue again?
A: Yes. But it might be a while.

I like this because Sue is millions of years old. She has metaphysical mass. If she is used in Time Travel, it could explain how some of the juice needed to go pack into the past gets paid. Also, it can allow some characters of ours, to include Bonnie, to venture very far back into the past and become something.
Bonnie becomes prehistoric origin of the Archive and brings some more modern literature "shakespeare, scarecrow, movies, etc) into the distant past where it becomes the basis for the forms of the faeries, their speech, etc.
Murphy becomes Mab, Mister accompanies her.
Mother Murphy goes further into past to become a Mother Winter.
ETC.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:23:05 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2017, 09:38:08 PM »
Mister becomes Cat Sith?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2017, 11:10:43 PM »
Maybe. I actually prefer mister going further back then that though.  Him being some progenitor of why the fae have catlike eyes, that far back.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2017, 11:37:21 PM »
Mister, cave-cat of the Fae.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2017, 01:30:25 AM »
Gosh, This Serack guy, whoever he is, writes really good OP's on topics germane to this thread, though not because of the Murphy part dang it :)
Thank You, Serack.
http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,48717.msg2258880.html#msg2258880
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:55:59 PM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2017, 08:42:23 AM »
Yeah, he usually has some good ideas going. He doesn't post as often as he used to. Seems to be a common theme around here.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2017, 01:49:24 PM »

How does she find herself in a situation where she has enough Fae connection to assume a Queen Mantle?

1) We don't know if she does/doesn't have fae roots. Molly was several generations distant and needed 'rehab' to make her into vessel.
2) She has been at Arctis Tor, been in NN, fought several Fae, killed them, killed Winter Lady, trains with Einherjar whose Lord has a Mask of a Fae King (Kringle), knows that Immortals can be killed on Halloween, knows that Molly was shaped into a vessel for Lady...

Also worth pointing out that close association with Winter is a big part of preparing an individual for a queen mantle. Per Cold Days:
There was one other person there who had been spending time with a powerful fae.

Who had a relationship with one that was deeper and more significant than a casual or formal acquaintance.

Whose life had been methodically, deliberately, and covertly reshaped for the purpose.

Who had been extensively prepared by one of the Sidhe.

Harry is a part of Winter now. He has already spent a lot of time with Murphy and will presumably be spending a lot more in the near future (some of it pretty intimate). He has been training her and shaping her since they first met. Arguably, all that is left is some deliberate preparation by a Sidhe. That may happen in the past during the events that lead to the vacancy in the Winter Courts.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »
Who, other than Murphy, among Harry's crew has the strongest connections to Fae without being a Fae. My guess is Will the Apha since he almost married one.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2017, 02:02:02 PM »
Are we putting aside Molly as well? She is the Winter Lady and has a strong connection to Fae. Do Toot-Toot and Lacuna count? If not them, I would go with Thomas. Not only is he a son of Maggie La Fey, he also faced down Lea with Harry, took part in the raid on Arctis Tor, and was present on Demonreach in Cold Days.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2017, 02:17:28 PM »
Can a WCV become Fae? What do you think of the idea that every supernatural being: Fae, dragons, vampires, gods, werewolves, and Fomor are actually rooted in Outsiders that have been altered by our reality and diluted by time and generations? It is just a notion I have been toying with.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2017, 02:37:12 PM »
Can a WCV become Fae? What do you think of the idea that every supernatural being: Fae, dragons, vampires, gods, werewolves, and Fomor are actually rooted in Outsiders that have been altered by our reality and diluted by time and generations? It is just a notion I have been toying with.

We know that Thomas could take up the Winter Knight Mantle because Mab said she would target him after Harry. That makes me think that he could take up any mantle associated with either winter or summer (Kringle for instance) regardless of whether becoming a Fae is an effect or not. I have no idea how the transformation to Fae would affect his demon. Would it disappear, remain unchanged, or morph into something else as well? Only Mr. Butcher would truly know.

I do like your theory that the supernatural community is somehow rooted in Outsiders. Maybe a segment of outsiders fled to our world in the very distant past to escape and set up the gate to keep the rest of the outsiders out. Over time they morphed into the beings we know now.