Author Topic: What I know about Dresden Files, spoilers to end of books  (Read 8869 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: What I know about Dresden Files, spoilers to end of books
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »
-.- funny guy. Thnx for a reminder on the Alpha's though.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:44:12 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »
The postman from book one was tt Dresden’s tt grandson who came to push Dresden in the right direction for a future event to occur in book 17. If he fails, Butcher has to re-write the series from that point in the first book with a slightly different trajectory till book 17 again with the grandson interfering at the series onset each time in slightly different manner until the desired outcome occurs.
Also, he left the partial burrito in Dresden’s car in a scene yet to be revealed.

Oh, I do so like how you think, even if in jest.
Yeah, I was an early proponent of the postman checking which time reality our Harry was in. Taking clues as to who Harry felt like, which floor of the office building his office was on, etc.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 10:49:23 PM »
Yeah, I was an early proponent of the postman checking which time reality our Harry was in. Taking clues as to who Harry felt like, which floor of the office building his office was on, etc.
Did you ever see Primer? It is really your type of layered time travel film. It is even on Netflix (eu, at least. I watched it again a few months ago). Still great.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 10:51:20 PM »
Considering Woj when talking about the signifigence of the British guy in 1st chapter of SG, He say's he'd never waste time making a throw away character and put them in the first chapter of the book.... I immediately thought again of our mailman friend lol

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »
Did you ever see Primer? It is really your type of layered time travel film. It is even on Netflix (eu, at least. I watched it again a few months ago). Still great.
You just gave me my plans for the night, thnxs again lol.
If you haven't seen the movie version of all these Zombies I highly recommend it... problem is I can't remember the name... It has Ethan Hawk in it... and uhh.. well anyway it gives it a more complete ending and deeper layering than the original book, which is rare in a movie. Look up that name real quick. Predestination, a mindblower of a time travel conundrum.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:57:20 PM by jonas »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 11:10:24 PM »
Daybreakers?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 11:18:34 PM »
Daybreakers?
Err, mindblower of a vampire film... Never expected the 'cure'. But loved it all the same.

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 11:46:59 PM »
See? and this is why I tried to point out ppl with very few posts coming in and belittling members. Funny I draw attention to whom I really am and suddenly start seeing the same thing I avoided in ignominy before...

Got no idea who you are, brother. But you've got to enjoy the irony in claiming to be belittled while at the same time attempting to marginalize me based on a post number, as if the amount of times I or anyone else has posted has anything to do with the merit of what we're saying. It makes me think of the high school superlatives. "Talk's most, says least"

I'm not aiming to belittle anyone, but when you post a novelette of WAG's as if they're fact, like you're Deep Throat or something, its probably fair to expect a bit of skepticism.

As for Jim's timeline you referenced, I'd love to know where you're getting that info, as all outlets are still saying no release date has been announced.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 12:30:00 AM »
Got no idea who you are, brother. But you've got to enjoy the irony in claiming to be belittled while at the same time attempting to marginalize me based on a post number, as if the amount of times I or anyone else has posted has anything to do with the merit of what we're saying. It makes me think of the high school superlatives. "Talk's most, says least"
I'm not aiming to belittle anyone, but when you post a novelette of WAG's as if they're fact, like you're Deep Throat or something, its probably fair to expect a bit of skepticism.

As for Jim's timeline you referenced, I'd love to know where you're getting that info, as all outlets are still saying no release date has been announced.
Thought you were done here bro? Had already responded to this before you decided to come back and start trouble, move it along, thnxs.
Check the recent announcements, think it was Cilla making a second hand comment on what he said.
We have now reached level 11 Tin Foil Hat status...good grief Jim, get the damn book out before there's no sane ones left
Drive by trolling is actually a thing, calls it like I see's it. 1st response directly questions my sanity and otherwise demeans me with this tin foil silliness.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:34:58 AM by jonas »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 12:51:08 AM »
We are all a little crazy here. We spend hours debating books that have not written, theories that have not been proven, and the intent behind the lettering of a fictional work. We walk in an imaginary world and argue whether the trees are light or dark green. We try to be Nostradamus of Dresden Fiction. In short, our BLT is missing a slice of tomato. Cheers!
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »
You just gave me my plans for the night, thnxs again lol.
If you haven't seen the movie version of all these Zombies I highly recommend it... problem is I can't remember the name... It has Ethan Hawk in it... and uhh.. well anyway it gives it a more complete ending and deeper layering than the original book, which is rare in a movie. Look up that name real quick. Predestination, a mindblower of a time travel conundrum.
Yeah, I've watched the movie based on the short story "All You Zombies" by Robert Heinlein.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predestination_(film)
When people start griping about my Marcone is Harry and Murphy son Wag. Or my other time travel WAG's, I bring up Predestination which is a more extreme case of time travel where the person is his mother, father and self
And when they say it's bad writing, I again point to the absurdity of the paradoxes of this movie based on a short story written by a science fiction giant that was made into a successful film.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:58:23 AM by raidem »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »
Whenever I got a problem, I tell myself K-I-S-S. Keep It Simple, Stupid. Time travel as an answer is complicated and confuses the heck out of me. Plus, it feels to much like a cure-all. Don't know how something happened then Harry must have time-traveled.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »
Well, the good thing about most of my time traveling theories is that it doesn't have Harry in the minutae of did he do this or that in this or that book.  It largely pushes the time traveling instant some distance into the future.  So he really hasn't the skill yet to do any of it.  The greatest tipoff in my mind of him time traveling in books is the presence of IdHarry.  We also know he gains the ability to pull Harry's from one reality to another, so it's an ability that is in potential toolbox for him. One that creeps toward an ability that is connected to time travel.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 12:21:07 PM »
I have heard IDHarry as being many things. Some possibilities are Harry's subconscious, Future Harry, and another possibility is Dumorne's remnant either as mental projection (horcrux-type) or ghost. Anyone have any other possibilities as to who IDHarry is?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »
Well, if you read his entrance and conversation with Harry in Fool Moon, you can gather that he is aware and probably has already tried time travel a time or two to change things, and it hasn't been easy.  Replying to "Easy for you to say."