Author Topic: The Great Migration  (Read 9840 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Migration
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 12:43:31 AM »
My son is 5. He counts to 50. Knows more words than a 1st grader and hides his eyes when preschool bus comes. If he don't see it than it isn't there. Has fits about all kinds of inconsistancies.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 12:46:39 AM »
My son is 5. He counts to 50. Knows more words than a 1st grader and hides his eyes when preschool bus comes. If he don't see it than it isn't there. Has fits about all kinds of inconsistancies.
That is pretty impressive, 50.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 12:55:14 AM »
He is smart...with attitude.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 03:17:05 AM »
Honestly, I don't think we're the lickspittle implied by some interpretations of Iago's mission statement, but that's neither here nor there.

The question is, do we make an effort to duplicate the experience of this site elsewhere, or do we accept the other venues available to us?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 03:27:52 AM »
Honestly, I don't think we're the lickspittle implied by some interpretations of Iago's mission statement, but that's neither here nor there.

The question is, do we make an effort to duplicate the experience of this site elsewhere, or do we accept the other venues available to us?
Duplicate Pls, I DO so love this place. Even if every once in a while I have to argue with a lickspittle or two... possibly because I have to, on a turf I know they can't just start slinging total sh*t my way at that.. that.. helps.
To quote Brian Piccolo, "I love football jimbutcheronline, and I want you to love football jimbutcheronline too."
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 04:36:36 AM »

I'd like to see a duplicate experience.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 12:01:11 PM »
Jonas, try to use a filter though, I cringe at some of your posts wondering if your gonna get banned this time or next.  I'm pleasantly surprised when your not, but still.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »
Well, I'm married to a very sensitive and emotional person and I lack alot of tact. So, I have to work on my phrasing and tone of voice constantly. It is exhausting and many times I want to bellow my first thoughts. But, I don't....mostly.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:24 PM »
Hey warden, I saw that you asked if anyone had signed up on discord server for reddit.  I have.  I actually like the server lots.  It just needs more people chatting.  The only problem with it is that it doesn't have nice spaces for discreet topics and threads.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 12:23:33 PM »
I think I joined but I am trying to get a feel for some of these new sites. I can browse this site in a drunken stupor due to my experience. New sites require a long adjustment period.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
I'm getting more familiar with DresdenReddit, but it is a pain in the arse if your new to post things. You basically have to have every post approved by a moderator until you have sufficient standing.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 12:26:49 PM »
Hey warden, I saw that you asked if anyone had signed up on discord server for reddit.  I have.  I actually like the server lots.  It just needs more people chatting.  The only problem with it is that it doesn't have nice spaces for discreet topics and threads.
Have you looked at the built in Discord widget on the Shard forum?  I haven't used Discord, so I don't know if that would be useful or not.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 12:29:41 PM »
I'm getting more familiar with DresdenReddit, but it is a pain in the arse if your new to post things. You basically have to have every post approved by a moderator until you have sufficient standing.
Yeah, I made a comment about Lea being a "scary, busty redhead" that was sent to a moderator.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 01:20:08 PM »
Discord is great at real time/ history of chatting. It also allows voice chatting. Not so great at posting individual topics, threads and keeping its history. That is more unique to forum.

It also seems like there would be a force against long term arguments on one topic as its hard to screen up and see all the chats days ago in a frequently used chat room.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:22:37 PM by raidem »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »
Discord is great at real time/ history of chatting. It also allows voice chatting. Not so great at posting individual topics, threads and keeping its history. That is more unique to forum.

It also seems like there would be a force against long term arguments on one topic as its hard to screen up and see all the chats days ago in a frequently used chat room.
But did you see the embedded version they have?  They have a forum like ours, with a Discord chat add-on right there on the page.