Author Topic: Who if anyone will Harry save in Mirror Mirror  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Who if anyone will Harry save in Mirror Mirror
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 05:00:30 PM »
Maeve. Importantly, uninfected Maeve.

My idea on the different decision is Harry refusing to use Amoracchius against Lea to renege on his deal, and escaping some other way. Lea is unable to trade the Sword for the athame, and so it isn't given to her. The infection never spreads to the Winter Lady. (The athame is instead given to Ferrovax, which makes stuff way worse).

Harry brings her back across, Maeve is shown how much better Molly is at being the Winter Lady than she ever was, and suffers a change of heart. She takes over for Prime Winter Lady, and Molly drops her own Mantle on Halloween.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 06:06:26 PM »
I do not see Morgan being alive in the MMverse.  If harry went to the dark side, one of the first things he would do is eliminate those most likely to come after him, like Morgan and Luccio, possibly Ramirez.

I can see -Harry actually being a member of the black council, which is where +Harry will get his next major clue about them; from his other-self.

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »
I can see -Harry actually being a member of the black council, which is where +Harry will get his next major clue about them; from his other-self.

Absolutely. BUT, even with the knowledge of some of the BC identities, he can't be "truly 100% convinced" that the counterpart in our universe is BC as well. The "could" have only been BC in the Mirror universe, so Jim gets to torture Harry (and us by extension) once he returns with Harry suspecting at least some of his friends of being BC, but with no proof of it - just a whole lot of suspicion and reading between the lines for everything they do...
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »
Since the time won't have changed, I could totally see our Harry trying to find a Rampire who is half turned, and try to sacrifice them instead of Susan and save her.

That won't happen, but it would be an interesting side story.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 07:33:44 PM »
Since the time won't have changed, I could totally see our Harry trying to find a Rampire who is half turned, and try to sacrifice them instead of Susan and save her.

That won't happen, but it would be an interesting side story.

The opening dialogue in GP is Michael lecturing Harry on the need to declare his love. I don't see any way around the changed decision being that Harry never tells Susan he loves her and instead kills her at the end of the book. That means Susan won't be alive in MM to save.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 09:34:53 PM »
Killing Susan, without expressing his feelings, at the end of GP would definitely turn him to the dark side.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »
Killing Susan, without expressing his feelings, at the end of GP would definitely turn him to the dark side.

I just saw WOJ in the future files tidbits section saying the MM choice is the big one Harry makes at the end of Grave Peril. I'm now more convinced then ever it was his choice to tell Susan he loves her and let her kill him v. defending himself.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 10:21:18 AM »
How would this have affected the next book, SK, if Harry had killed Susan? That was the first really big, gotta save the world and myself book.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
How would this have affected the next book, SK, if Harry had killed Susan? That was the first really big, gotta save the world and myself book.

Well, instead of spending a year trying to save her, he would have spent a year hating himself for a different reason. But if he had used magic to do it, the black magic taint might have made him feel less guilty about it. More willing to pull the trigger in the future. Those hitmen in the opening scene of Summer Knight? Instead of winging them with his force ring, maybe he just burns them to death. Self-defense, after all.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 10:42:31 PM »
Since Murphy was still recovering from mental attack and her actions in this book helped her to rebound in confidence by helping Harry. Would that still be a possibility?
Make Mine Butcher!