Author Topic: The curse on MacFinn  (Read 12576 times)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The curse on MacFinn
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »
It could also be that MacFinns father (whomever held the curse before him) had the circle built a LONG time ago and whomever helped him was no longer available?

Pretty much what I'm thinking. His father, or mother, or grandparent, or whoever had it last passed it to the latest MacFinn. No idea how far back it was made. I just don't think it was MacFinn himself who had it built.

Aside from that, why wasn't there a backup plan? A second circle somewhere he could go? Seems like quite a bad oversight for someone who Hulks out and murders police precincts every twenty-seven days. EDIT: Duh, that's what the Northwest Passage project thing was all about. Preserving my question as a permanent reminder to myself of my own stupidity.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2017, 11:23:50 PM »
That's okay I do so many mental farts in a day that my ears pop.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Paviel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2017, 04:42:44 PM »
That's okay I do so many mental farts in a day that my ears pop.

Yeah, my brain fart about the circle was probably worse.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »
Pretty much what I'm thinking. His father, or mother, or grandparent, or whoever had it last passed it to the latest MacFinn. No idea how far back it was made. I just don't think it was MacFinn himself who had it built.

Aside from that, why wasn't there a backup plan? A second circle somewhere he could go? Seems like quite a bad oversight for someone who Hulks out and murders police precincts every twenty-seven days. EDIT: Duh, that's what the Northwest Passage project thing was all about. Preserving my question as a permanent reminder to myself of my own stupidity.

Simple complacency.  How long had he gone with out an incident?  he was safely contained or out in the wild from the time he was in Viet Nam for at least 30 years with no problems.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Paviel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2017, 09:08:44 PM »
Simple complacency.  How long had he gone with out an incident?  he was safely contained or out in the wild from the time he was in Viet Nam for at least 30 years with no problems.

As opposed to the 1500 or so years since the original curse was cast, which Harley was well aware of (hence his Northwest Passage backup plan).

While we don't know much about every Loup-garou MacFinn who ever existed, if they were all using the same protective circle since the curse was originally cast, it seems odd to suppose that none thought up a backup plan prior to Harley.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2017, 03:59:04 PM »
As I recall, MacFinn didn't normally live in Chicago. It's possible that his back ups were in his normal residence and he wasn't able to bring more than the standard circle.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2017, 07:22:21 PM »
As opposed to the 1500 or so years since the original curse was cast, which Harley was well aware of (hence his Northwest Passage backup plan).

While we don't know much about every Loup-garou MacFinn who ever existed, if they were all using the same protective circle since the curse was originally cast, it seems odd to suppose that none thought up a backup plan prior to Harley.

Also, didn't Chauncy say that his Grand-sire had gotten his money from the Rail Road boom here in the US?  It's possible that the MacFinn's just didn't have the means to put together the circle before they had the money to buy the services of someone who would know how to build it, ie. a wizard.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---