Author Topic: harry killed another mortal with magic in Cold days  (Read 6583 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: harry killed another mortal with magic in Cold days
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 07:23:09 PM »
Before she killed any Wardens maybe. But when they went to bring her in for trial she acted like onw would expect someone being taken away for execution to act, because that's just what you assume will happen when Wardens come asking after you.

The White Council really needs a good PR consultant...

Oh after she killed the Wardens nobody could have saved her.  I was saying that after she defended herself.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 04:59:19 AM »
Oh after she killed the Wardens nobody could have saved her.  I was saying that after she defended herself.
We have seen how the merlin reacted to Molly's trial, he thought it a waste of time. The warden on the phone even thought they did not do trials anymore. Most warlocks are probably executed on the spot. We can not expect them to do a soul gaze on every warlock either, Morgan did not want to do one with Harry in dead beat probably because you never forget what you see in one. So a lot of them are probably executed on the spot on less than perfect evidence.

Really if the wardens are after you and you want to save your hide your only options are hide, run and,  if backed in a corner, kill. That is the drawback of a system with only one punishment.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 06:07:35 AM »
We have seen how the merlin reacted to Molly's trial, he thought it a waste of time. The warden on the phone even thought they did not do trials anymore. Most warlocks are probably executed on the spot. We can not expect them to do a soul gaze on every warlock either, Morgan did not want to do one with Harry in dead beat probably because you never forget what you see in one. So a lot of them are probably executed on the spot on less than perfect evidence.

Really if the wardens are after you and you want to save your hide your only options are hide, run and,  if backed in a corner, kill. That is the drawback of a system with only one punishment.

Langtry and the others were under the influence of Peabody's ink at the time, I believe.  They still do trials.  Harry was even there for one, the guy got executed, and Harry admitted he was too far gone to be saved.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 06:29:29 AM »

Why Dead Beat?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 01:30:05 PM »
Why Dead Beat?
That is the one I remembered, could have happened before but I do not read storm front often.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Paviel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 02:53:36 PM »
I don't think that what Molly or Hannah did is really relevant to killing a shapeshifted human who is under the influence of the Wild Hunt, since in Molly's case it wasn't killing, and in Hannah's case her victims weren't shapeshifted.

I maintain that the closest comparison to what the Wild Hunt does to humans (if it doesn't kill them) would be a werewolf curse, and that killing someone who is in the Wild Hunt would have similar effects on the killer to killing a werewolf.

And Harry had already gotten away with killing a werewolf.