Poll

What do you think the emotion will be?

Happy, she will have it coming
0 (0%)
Sad, she will die after we get to see what's under the mask.
5 (17.2%)
Conflicted.  She's bad, but for a good reason.
8 (27.6%)
Mixed, sad moment, but Mab will be happy to be free of the Mantle
11 (37.9%)
Other?
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: If Mab dies  (Read 7105 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: If Mab dies
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 04:16:09 PM »
Oh, I don't know.  I believe that Mab is a quite strong willed woman.  Far stronger than the Leansidhe.

That being said, I could totally see her getting nemfected, and in a lucid moment, ordering Harry to kill her.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 10:28:36 AM »
I have felt like Mab is on a suicide run for awhile. Is she already infected or just feeling the clock ticking a little faster?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 11:21:40 AM »
I have felt like Mab is on a suicide run for awhile. Is she already infected or just feeling the clock ticking a little faster?
She knows the BAT is coming and is preparing for it.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 11:27:07 AM »
Preparing for the battle or preparing to be the death that causes the battle?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 04:29:03 PM »
Both?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 04:58:33 PM »
Bringing her scales in balance.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »
"The stars will rain from the sky before Mab fulfills not her word." - Mab, Changes.

The above declaration was actually prophecy. It refers to the BAT book Stars and Stones, when stars will rain from the sky. Once they do, Mab will break her word. However, it is impossible for Mab to break her word -- unless she is nemfected. This is what Harry's true purpose is - Mab wants him as Winter Knight because the Fae Queens are vulnerable to their own power (their own knight) and Harry is the best chance she has at grooming a knight that will be able to kill her. At some point, Mab will reveal to Harry that she is fighting nemfection and ask Harry, as a favor, that when she finally succumbs for him to kill her. Mab failing to refuse her word will be the sign that Harry needs and Harry will successfully kill her at the end of Stars and Stones.

Mab's death will destroy the defense of the Gates, allowing the Outsiders to enter the world for the final book of the trilogy - Empty Night. Further, by killing Mab as a favor, Harry will fulfill the 3rd request from his earlier deal with Mab, and obligation to Mab will cease, including Harry's promise in Changes to become the WK. By that point, Harry will have become accustomed to the power of Winter and in control of the mantle and losing that power will handicap him significantly, and the third book will be a rush for him to learn the true power of a Starborn so that the Outsiders can be repelled and a new defenders of the Gates can be selected.

Based on the above, my emotion when Mab dies will be a drop of sadness in a pool of fear - because it means the all of existence in the DV will be threatened.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 07:06:08 PM »
"The stars will rain from the sky before Mab fulfills not her word." - Mab, Changes.

The above declaration was actually prophecy. It refers to the BAT book Stars and Stones, when stars will rain from the sky. Once they do, Mab will break her word. However, it is impossible for Mab to break her word -- unless she is nemfected. This is what Harry's true purpose is - Mab wants him as Winter Knight because the Fae Queens are vulnerable to their own power (their own knight) and Harry is the best chance she has at grooming a knight that will be able to kill her. At some point, Mab will reveal to Harry that she is fighting nemfection and ask Harry, as a favor, that when she finally succumbs for him to kill her. Mab failing to refuse her word will be the sign that Harry needs and Harry will successfully kill her at the end of Stars and Stones.

Mab's death will destroy the defense of the Gates, allowing the Outsiders to enter the world for the final book of the trilogy - Empty Night. Further, by killing Mab as a favor, Harry will fulfill the 3rd request from his earlier deal with Mab, and obligation to Mab will cease, including Harry's promise in Changes to become the WK. By that point, Harry will have become accustomed to the power of Winter and in control of the mantle and losing that power will handicap him significantly, and the third book will be a rush for him to learn the true power of a Starborn so that the Outsiders can be repelled and a new defenders of the Gates can be selected.

Based on the above, my emotion when Mab dies will be a drop of sadness in a pool of fear - because it means the all of existence in the DV will be threatened.

Exactly!!

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »
Or she's just being poetic.  Mab isn't necessarily never wrong.  She could simply have been referring to a thing that she thinks will never happen.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 11:02:10 PM »

Damn that is good! I like it!
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 01:58:28 PM »

Nothing else needed. Great summation.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »
More eloquent than my "ohh, S#IT!"
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 02:26:05 PM »

That last line alone is perfect. Even without all the build up.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 05:32:29 PM »
If Mab dies and Molly moves up as the replacement; who replaces Molly as lady? Best guess anybody?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 07:02:57 PM »
As I understand it (and someone correct me if I am wrong), if Mab dies and Molly moves up she would inherit Mab's mantle, yet still hold the Winter Lady mantle until she can choose someone to replace her. That means it is completely Molly's choice who would replace her. At this point I do not think we have been introduced to a character who fits really well. Murphy, Justine, and Andi could because they have not had children yet, but all are in serious relationships at this time. Here is a longshot: how about Faith. WoJ states that she has a role to play in the BAT. Maybe she steps in as the new Winter Lady.