Author Topic: Vampires and Evil, a philosophical rabbit hole.  (Read 11631 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires and Evil, a philosophical rabbit hole.
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 11:02:58 PM »
There's a direct correlation the loss of their loved ones being the trigger though?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2017, 12:46:49 AM »
There's a direct correlation the loss of their loved ones being the trigger though?
Idk about those studies but I know the 'give up' threshold to despair is real. They drown rats and the ones who felt unable to escape allowed themselves to drown even after they were released from the constraint. They theorize this is the same reason officers fall down and bleed out from a relatively non lethal wound, cops and robbers/cowboys and Indians mentality gets drilled in that getting shot means you fall down. Almanac of the strange.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2017, 02:41:14 AM »
I think that latter case of being shot might be more of the shock factor. psychological shock.

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2017, 02:41:29 AM »
Idk about those studies but I know the 'give up' threshold to despair is real. They drown rats and the ones who felt unable to escape allowed themselves to drown even after they were released from the constraint. They theorize this is the same reason officers fall down and bleed out from a relatively non lethal wound, cops and robbers/cowboys and Indians mentality gets drilled in that getting shot means you fall down. Almanac of the strange.

I dont know anything about the effect you mentioned, but the I can explain the bit about wounds.

Bleeding out can occur VERY rapidly. Additionally, the body tends to go into shock if you are wounded bad enough, OR the pain can be so debilitating that you collapse from trying to deal with it.

I encourage you to go online and look up a video of two people having a gun fight with pistols. If you watch enough fatal wounds, you will notice that alot of people who are hit from pistol rounds usually do not die immediately, but still collapse like they are tired. It literally looks like someone who is just tuckered out from running to far. The reality is that blood loss is making them weak. Rifle rounds are a totally different issue. Even grazing rifle rounds can leave enough damage that the wounded person might drop. And hits to anything resembling center mass tend to cause immediate catastrophic damage.

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2017, 02:43:50 AM »
Look up an image of a rifle wound on a human and you will understand real fast why people drop like sacks of potatoes when they get hit. Real fast.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »
Look up an image of a rifle wound on a human and you will understand real fast why people drop like sacks of potatoes when they get hit. Real fast.
*coughs* Not the point, not at all, an fyi police don't get shot with rifles usually. Nor does that apply to non fatal wounds which I specifically cited. The 'puncturing' of the circulatory system usually ONLY happens with large caliber rounds that penetrate through, but i'd mostly give that effect to stabbings anyway. Small caliber, like what is usually encountered on the streets, either gets lodged in the wound or finds a body cavity and bounces around inside the vic. Either way the entry wound can be completely negligible. and... believing as you believe and spreading that to others directly without overall perspective is what creates the subconscious idea about what should happen, causing it... Don't help placebo people to death, forum members at that O.o
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.