Author Topic: Drama for Mister?  (Read 8700 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Drama for Mister?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 06:59:52 AM »
While I respect your views on organized religion, this is neither the time nor place to discuss it.
Mister is against organised religion. All cats are. Remember he made cats to his image, not some herd animal.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »
My favorite part about this is how my point keeps being made for me.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 02:46:14 PM »
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2017, 05:52:36 PM »
This shit right here, this is why I won't "just relax."  Because people are so insufferably smug about this kind of crap.  That if you don't buy into the idiocy, you've got something wrong.  It's not enough that "lol, it's a funny thing!"  EVERYONE has to buy it!  No exceptions!  No wrongthink!
You don't have to buy into the idiocy but sometimes it feels good to rent some.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2017, 05:55:37 PM »
And by God you're gonna do it whether you want to or not!

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2017, 06:05:33 PM »
If you don't like the beer on tap and the songs that we sing then find another bar. We are here to talk, laugh, and support each others ideas and delusions. Please don't ruin the beer buzz with logic.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
This shit right here, this is why I won't "just relax."  Because people are so insufferably smug about this kind of crap.  That if you don't buy into the idiocy, you've got something wrong.  It's not enough that "lol, it's a funny thing!"  EVERYONE has to buy it!  No exceptions!  No wrongthink!

wandering into the "book of don't" territory.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:04:16 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2017, 08:22:24 PM »

Gabby has weighed in as she purrs and disrupts my typing... She just gives it  big MEOW!!!  And you can take that any way you want to... ::)

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2017, 11:38:55 AM »
Mister being behind everything that happens in the Dresdenverse is one of those deeply buried WAGs.   That said, there are a number of clues that hint at something more:

1) The aforementioned WoJ:    "We haven't really run into anything that could kill Mister at this point." (spoken after Small Favor so includes a number of nasties).

2) When Harry looks at things with his Sight, everything gets colored -- even pure vanilla Murphy (GP) and "the city of Chicago" (TC) show various hues of colors as energies.   The only time Harry describes seeing something exactly the same while looking at it under the Sight is Mister.

3) Of the three beings who have used Little Chicago onscreen (Harry, Bob, Mister), two of them profess to not know who fixed the model.   Occam's Razor leaves the obvious candidate.

4) Before Harry gets Mouse, there are a number of incidents where Mister "coincidentally" saves the day (e.g. he breaks up the first Harry/Susan kiss in Death Masks where Harry was about to fall under the narcotic spell).   Afterwards, Mister just lets his minion (Mouse) deal with those issues.

5) The obvious deference that Mouse and the Za-guard (and Ivy?) show Mister.

--->  Clearly, Mister is more than meets the eye.    ;D ;D
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2017, 12:02:12 PM »
But more important is revelation aquired by contemplation. Allow a cat in your house and let yourself be guided by its presence. Study it while it rests as only cats can do and meditate. Let yourself be filled with the essence of cat and transcend.

You will be perfectly confortable in your body as only a cat can be and in that confort you can rise out of it and in that spiritual world misteries will be revealed.

And once that truth is revealed you must share it because otherwise only falsehoods will remain. The truth about MSTR has to be revealed but above all lies about the cat who is god have to be addressed.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 06:41:13 PM »
I'd vote for either Mister's demise (sad day), or kittens.

I'm leaning toward kittens, because as anyone who has children knows, children bring all kinds of drama.  And Drama does not mean death.  But that cannot be ruled out.

Another possibility is that when Harry comes back from the Mirror Mirror universe, it doesn't quite stick the landing and actually comes back to one where Mister is named Miss.  Small change, but big drama.

One other possibility is that Mister decides he doesn't want to live with Harry. He likes Karrin better.  Again, big drama.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---