Author Topic: Drakul Theory  (Read 6225 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Drakul Theory
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 12:57:08 AM »
Wasn't it Lucy who powered the beams in Small Favor?  I don't supposed it would be impossible for it to have been Drakul/Lucy, but I'm thinking Harry would have gotten some kind of heads-up if Drakul had been in Chicago.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 02:08:06 AM »
Wasn't it Lucy who powered the beams in Small Favor?  I don't supposed it would be impossible for it to have been Drakul/Lucy, but I'm thinking Harry would have gotten some kind of heads-up if Drakul had been in Chicago.
Spells, thaumaturgy, calling power, ect, ect.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 08:21:04 PM »
There are very few true dragons left, I don't think Drakul is one of them, but I could see him making a play for the position/power.
k moinuddin

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »
Didn't someone have a theory once that Drakul was a creature trying to assume one of the mantles vacated with the demise of a great dragon?

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 05:04:12 AM »
Haven't heard that theory in a while.

Though I agree the fact that Drakul and historically he was the founder of an Order of Knights known as The Order of the Dragon, would suggest theirs some sort of link. Though the common theory is that he's part Outsider.

Here's the direct WOJ about Drakul and Dracula.

Quote from: jim butcher
And also what is Drakul a scion of?
Drakul wasn't a scion of anything! He was something entirely unhuman that got trapped in human form. Dracula was his half-human child, who naturally had enormous paternal issues, and wound up creating himself as the first Black Court Vampire in an effort to win his father's approval.
It didn't work out so well.

There is another woj that we will "Indeed" be seeing Drakul in the future.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
Dracula becomes a vampire that feed on death to impress Drakul.  Does that give a clue as to the nature of Drakul's original form?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 02:13:19 PM »
Dracula becomes a vampire that feed on death to impress Drakul.  Does that give a clue as to the nature of Drakul's original form?
Maybe, maybe not.  JB has joked about how Harry had to die and come back to get to all the good stuff.  It's also said that dying and coming back gets the attention of powerful creatures.

Dracula might have been attempting something similar, but might have botched the coming back part.  He was still a little too dead.  Which wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with his father's abilities.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2017, 07:01:43 PM »
Interesting thought. Could Dracul be a Grim Reaper?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2017, 07:18:22 PM »
IS death and feeds on life... They are a perfect mirror to the being's they replace in a way.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »
I figure Dracula attempted to access somehow Drakul power, that was sealed away when bound in human form. But the BCV was a failure. I just keep wondering say someone used an altered dark hollow ritual, but using the bcv remaining elders as fuel. I figure that somehow Drakul and the BCV are tied together, so if done right, affecting one will affect the other.
k moinuddin