Author Topic: Bob, Butters, and the White Council...  (Read 8314 times)

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
Re: Bob, Butters, and the White Council...
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 02:59:41 PM »
I dont disagree that it might be a reasonable tactic in general, but I dont think that it was at all the case here.   Lets look at what he had and what he gained:  He knew it was a Knight, Knew the sword shape/type, knew michael wasnt a giant black-skinned Russian or tiny Okinawan man, knew that Harry Knew and his Name and that he was a Knight, knew that the little girl he'd just ordered executed was the daughter of said aforementioned Knight.

What could possibly be gained by feigning ignorance, he got nothing additional other than the word "Amoracchius" from Harry.  If that's a move forward, I have no idea what direction he's going 

Besides Harry's knowledge, Langtry could know what would motivate the man.  Which of Faith, Hope, or Love is the Blessed Power imbuing this man.  A Knight of Love who is protecting his child from an injustice, and that is something Langtry could see killing Molly as, a necessary Evil, could gain the full Strength to fight the council.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 05:40:32 PM »
Besides Harry's knowledge, Langtry could know what would motivate the man.  Which of Faith, Hope, or Love is the Blessed Power imbuing this man.  A Knight of Love who is protecting his child from an injustice, and that is something Langtry could see killing Molly as, a necessary Evil, could gain the full Strength to fight the council.

This would be after he knew it was her father.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 11:07:14 PM »
As a supernatural big wig, I would have expected Langtry to know who the current KotC are, but he might not have seen a recent photo of Michael.  He could also have been testing Harry, seeing what Harry knew of the situation and if this was some plot on his part.  Feigning ignorance to make a person tell more information is a common interrogation tactic.  Colombo loved it.  If Harry didn't know who this Knight was, Langtry might have played things differently.

As for Harry saving the Sword, I recall the argument against Harry wasn't that he saved the Sword, it was his own stupid actions caused it to be in peril to begin with.

I'd also expect him to know which Sword is Am (since it's the only Broadsword among the Three) but he still asks Harry.

I don't think that the Swords and Wizards cross paths very often- and it's also fair to remember that they seldom are in one hand for long.

(Really though, not knowing about the guy that punched out a Freaking Dragon is pretty weird, now that I think about it. Langtry had to be pulling something there, right?)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:09:59 PM by forumghost »