Author Topic: Mab's Plans  (Read 6311 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Mab's Plans
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 06:05:55 PM »
IIRC, didn't Mab say he was HER'S, Blood and Bone, Mind and Body?

Well, what if his soul, or some other aspect of his being were to be given or taken by another being?  Couldn't that be an out?

I mean, prior to his bargain with Mab, he already belonged to Demonreach.  That could be a means for him to be able to leave the service of Mab.  If there was some kind of conflict that required that he make a choice of one or the other, DR has an older claim.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »
IIRC, didn't Mab say he was HER'S, Blood and Bone, Mind and Body?

Well, what if his soul, or some other aspect of his being were to be given or taken by another being?  Couldn't that be an out?

I mean, prior to his bargain with Mab, he already belonged to Demonreach.  That could be a means for him to be able to leave the service of Mab.  If there was some kind of conflict that required that he make a choice of one or the other, DR has an older claim.
I still think Mab owes him a favor, and he'll eventually use it to free either himself or Molly.  I'm not sure that both of them are getting out, though.  Maybe he could find the Tam Lin 'out', and then use a theoretical favor for Molly. 

But I seriously doubt he's going to quit anytime soon.  He knows what's at stake, and his mantle power is one of the best tools he has going for himself.  He's basically turned into an Arcane Warrior that can fight and cast spells equally. 

I'm also hoping that he keeps the mantle for the duration of the series because I think Mab's fall-back plan is to kill him on the stone table to try and absorb his starborn power.  I'm hoping the closest we come to seeing that is in the Mirroverse, where -Mab will have Harry hand a still breathing -Harry over to -Winter -Knight -Thomas to be sacrificed on their -Table.  Which will then clue Harry in to Mab's backup plan, which he can then avoid.

Offline MacPhoenix

• Posty McPostington
  • I shall rise from the ashes of your verbal burns.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 07:21:42 AM »
All in all I am tired of Harry, Murph, and the crew getting screwed over. It is time for them to Skin everyone else Alive. 
Anime & Cartoons; Adults make them, Adults can enjoy them. - me
The first draft is you telling yourself the story.--Terry Pratchett

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »
All in all I am tired of Harry, Murph, and the crew getting screwed over. It is time for them to Skin everyone else Alive.

Well said!!

Though in hindsight I doubt Mab ever truly skrew Harry and co. She might be a real bitch to Harry, but she is good on her deals and so far it seems her intentions is as good as her methods are harsh.

In the end, the greatest hurt Harry ever suffers is a direct result of his own idiotic and arrogant decision to kill himself. Granted, the winter knight gig is nothing good, but his own bad choices is far worse then what Mab had ever done to him up until now.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 03:53:49 PM »

I can't disagree with your sentiment, but that is something that's not going to change.  Harry keeps sticking his nose into business that is none of his.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---