Author Topic: Mirror Mirror Opportunties  (Read 11921 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror Mirror Opportunties
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 04:38:44 AM »
The WoJ again

My reading of this is that Jim is implying MM Marcone is not the same character as the standard universe Marcone, and that the differences are "really interesting"

I have very specific, bad ass theories on some of those differences.

As we get closer to MM, I'm going to start using the term MMcone. 

Kinda like Harry Yrrah for MM Harry and TTH for time traveling Harry.

I don't have specific guesses about Marcone, but I believe the different direction that Harry goes in will force other characters; specifically Marcone, to make choices they would never had had to make.  This is what will bring about a change in the Marcone.  To go back to any earlier post someone made about Harry learning something about Justine; I suppose that's possible, but I think Harry will learn something about Marcone from the Mirror Mirror version and this will help him in the future. 
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2017, 11:21:09 AM »
Vampires don't sparkle.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 12:06:14 PM »
Toward what?  The most common alternatives in the Court are fear and despair.  I don't know that I would call either an improvement.
What forumghost posted.  That WOJ implies that it doesnt have to be malevolent emotions, just strong ones.  And what he eat's becomes what he inspires. So what if he starts to feed off acts of devotion, or Courage, or even True Love (on the idea that the cycle with Justine might be "inoculating" him against it as his diet changes) and can then start inspiring those same things in people around him. 

Taken to the extreme, Thomas could become the wampire's BAT-jesus! In the sense of a inspiring central savior-figure, not whatever went down with the actual dv jesus.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Zaphodess

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
Anger is a strong emotion too. He could inspire world peace by feeding.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2017, 12:50:09 PM »
Anger would certainly be a valid diet, and I suppose he could inspire folks to become pseudo-berserkers, but I dont think that feeding actually does much to reduce the emotion their feeding on.  The Wraith meals dont seem to loose interest in sex or anything. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2017, 12:54:23 PM »
What forumghost posted.  That WOJ implies that it doesnt have to be malevolent emotions, just strong ones.  And what he eat's becomes what he inspires. So what if he starts to feed off acts of devotion, or Courage, or even True Love (on the idea that the cycle with Justine might be "inoculating" him against it as his diet changes) and can then start inspiring those same things in people around him. 

Taken to the extreme, Thomas could become the wampire's BAT-jesus! In the sense of a inspiring central savior-figure, not whatever went down with the actual dv jesus.

Dammit, now I wanna know what would be the Kryptonite of such a Wampire.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »
Dammit, now I wanna know what would be the Kryptonite of such a Wampire.
I dunno, Treachery?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »
I dunno, Treachery?

Oh wow, that would be just the worst thing for a Wampire to be allergic too, wouldn't it? :D

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2017, 02:13:42 PM »
Oh wow, that would be just the worst thing for a Wampire to be allergic too, wouldn't it? :D
Indeed :P
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 03:03:30 AM »
Anger would certainly be a valid diet, and I suppose he could inspire folks to become pseudo-berserkers, but I dont think that feeding actually does much to reduce the emotion their feeding on.  The Wraith meals dont seem to loose interest in sex or anything.

Yeah, the emotion isn't the energy, it's the channel the energy flows through.

After last night's posting, it did occur to me that Thomas was born on St. Valentine's Day, so if any vampire could learn to feed through Love, it might him.  I'm not sure, though, that a Whampire that successfully did that would still be a Whampire.  Thomas might then have become something else, maybe something unprecedented.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 03:19:11 AM »
Yeah, the emotion isn't the energy, it's the channel the energy flows through.

After last night's posting, it did occur to me that Thomas was born on St. Valentine's Day, so if any vampire could learn to feed through Love, it might him.  I'm not sure, though, that a Whampire that successfully did that would still be a Whampire.  Thomas might then have become something else, maybe something unprecedented.
I'm not sure about unprecedented, but something lacking currently.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2017, 05:11:39 PM »
The WoJ again

My reading of this is that Jim is implying MM Marcone is not the same character as the standard universe Marcone, and that the differences are "really interesting"

I have very specific, bad ass theories on some of those differences.

As we get closer to MM, I'm going to start using the term MMcone. 

Kinda like Harry Yrrah for MM Harry and TTH for time traveling Harry.

I'm not arguing with the WoJ.  Obviously he knows what he's doing and I'll have to wait to see what happens, BUT...

I thought that the MM book would be based on what happened based on a decision Harry makes in Grave Peril.

We'd already met Marcone in both SF and FM and Harry's dislike of him was already firmly established.  Now I'm not saying that after 10-ish years that Harry's dislike couldn't have changed, or their relationship, but what I'm struggling with is how Marcone will have changes from BEFORE the split in GP.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 05:17:08 PM »
I'm not arguing with the WoJ.  Obviously he knows what he's doing and I'll have to wait to see what happens, BUT...

I thought that the MM book would be based on what happened based on a decision Harry makes in Grave Peril.

We'd already met Marcone in both SF and FM and Harry's dislike of him was already firmly established.  Now I'm not saying that after 10-ish years that Harry's dislike couldn't have changed, or their relationship, but what I'm struggling with is how Marcone will have changes from BEFORE the split in GP.
He wouldnt have to Change prior to GP, just would have to diverge on a different path as things went forward. He can be as least as different in the MM as Harry's evil doppelganger, which by all indications is pretty darned different. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/