Author Topic: Wag the Fomor  (Read 7072 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Wag the Fomor
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 03:31:00 PM »
They Who?  Poseidon?  He's the "Have" of this equation, not the "Have-Not", the fomor are the collection of those that got defeated and cast out.  I wouldnt expect Poseidon to fall into that category any more than Zeus or Hades.  But their predecessor titans, those like Helios or Oceanus or any other's who had their purviews taken might join up.  And Oceanus in particular got redefined as the further, wild and unexplored seas, as opposed to the known areas of the Mediterranean.  that might be enough to have pushed him out to wherever the Sleepers and the Fomor were chilling. 

Nah, as far as I can find Oceanus never actually took the field against anyone.  He stayed neutral in most of the famous fights (titanomachy, giantomachy, etc) and was more or less pushed out

So, Poseidon isn't the god of all the Oceans?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »
So, Poseidon isn't the god of all the Oceans?
I would have to assume not, if only because thus far the Greek's arent that Ascendant as a whole.  I figure it works a bit like how the Fae courts are described in the southern hemispheres, with "relationships there consist more of strong alliances and consensus influence among a much larger population".

Or, maybe the Ocean is divided up into more geographic territories, a formalized Seven Seas or something with actual Borders?

Or, maybe none of the Human deities ever really gained supremacy under there, and there's a race of hominid offshoot fish-people (call them "Bigfoot of the ocean") chilling in Atlantis with Aquaman.  Or a deep-sea Dragon that never gave up its Domain, like a Pyrovrax down near the Volcanic Vents?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
I would have to assume not, if only because thus far the Greek's arent that Ascendant as a whole.  I figure it works a bit like how the Fae courts are described in the southern hemispheres, with "relationships there consist more of strong alliances and consensus influence among a much larger population".

Or, maybe the Ocean is divided up into more geographic territories, a formalized Seven Seas or something with actual Borders?

Or, maybe none of the Human deities ever really gained supremacy under there, and there's a race of hominid offshoot fish-people (call them "Bigfoot of the ocean") chilling in Atlantis with Aquaman.  Or a deep-sea Dragon that never gave up its Domain, like a Pyrovrax down near the Volcanic Vents?

Well, we know that Hades isn't the Lord of All the dead, given that there is a Christian Heaven and Hell, which Nick is convinced that Dierdre is safe from, so, Poseidon may only have the Mediterranean area.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---