Author Topic: Nicodemus  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Nicodemus
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »

Evidence? Only woj I know of that mentions Judas talks about good bits of storytelling, but never denies or confirms this fact.

I looked Nic up on Wikipedia, and there it said he was someone else, not Judas..  Yet there seem to be too many coincidences for there not to be some connection..

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 09:01:33 PM »
I looked Nic up on Wikipedia, and there it said he was someone else, not Judas..  Yet there seem to be too many coincidences for there not to be some connection..
Biblically there was a Nicodemus that was a wealthy friend of the apostles and present at the crucifixion.  I know many people have theorized that Nic is that same guy?  But to the best of my knowledge noting about Nic's true identity has been confirmed.  The closest thing is in SmF when nic all but admits that his last name Archleon is an alias.

Personally Im undecided on whether he was an actual player in that timeframe or just an enthusiast now. There was a hell of a lot of Earth at the time that wasnt Jerusalem, there are bound to be important people that were elsewhere.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 10:32:50 PM »
Never trust wiki for details, info input by fans is modified by perspective and recycled like a bad case of telephone. (slightly off topic but those 30 facts you didn't know about Harry Potter are often just plain wrong as they make interpretations)
Personally Im undecided on whether he was an actual player in that timeframe or just an enthusiast now. There was a hell of a lot of Earth at the time that wasn't Jerusalem, there are bound to be important people that were elsewhere.
The first thing is something I thought we knew for sure, it's in a woj about why (iirc) asking why Nic keeps saying time is short. Reply was beings whom are 200+ yrs are 'in the know'. the other thing, we.., I'm sure there are important people NOT in Chicago, but they seem to pass through anyways lol.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 03:57:51 AM »
  From Wiki
BiographyEdit

His background is wrapped in mystery. The Knights of the Cross assume that he's about two thousand years old, but this is uncertain, as he takes great pains to destroy all of the church's documentation of him every few centuries or so. Based on the supposed time frame, and a comment he makes about chariots, one can assume that he grew up somewhere in Ancient Rome. He is the oldest of the Denarians, and is a fully cooperative host to the Fallen Angel Anduriel.[12]

His wife is Polonius Lartessa, with whom he allegely caused the Black Death, though they are generally considered rivals,[2] and his daughter is Deirdre[12]. He claims to have known and respected Margaret LeFay. Harry Dresden nicknames him Nick, as in "Old Nick", another name for Satan.[13]

It does speculate that the noose around his neck is the one that Judas hung himself with.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 12:53:48 PM »
  From Wiki
BiographyEdit

His background is wrapped in mystery. The Knights of the Cross assume that he's about two thousand years old, but this is uncertain, as he takes great pains to destroy all of the church's documentation of him every few centuries or so. Based on the supposed time frame, and a comment he makes about chariots, one can assume that he grew up somewhere in Ancient Rome. He is the oldest of the Denarians, and is a fully cooperative host to the Fallen Angel Anduriel.[12]

His wife is Polonius Lartessa, with whom he allegely caused the Black Death, though they are generally considered rivals,[2] and his daughter is Deirdre[12]. He claims to have known and respected Margaret LeFay. Harry Dresden nicknames him Nick, as in "Old Nick", another name for Satan.[13]
Cool, thanks. Fixed.    :)
It does speculate that the noose around his neck is the one that Judas hung himself with.
Oh, that's not speculation on the wiki writer's part, that's from Michael in DM (though it is stated as speculation on the Church's part.)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain