Author Topic: The most frightening Denarian yet?  (Read 16144 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: The most frightening Denarian yet?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »
I was talking about taking up a coin, not being nemfected.  I believe that there may be an issue with Ferrofax, but I doubt its either a fallen or nemesis.
Me too.  You were saying that Dragons and Angels are basically equivalent so partnering the two would be no net benefit, no?  That is what I was disagreeing with. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 08:10:48 PM »
Me too.  You were saying that Dragons and Angels are basically equivalent so partnering the two would be no net benefit, no?  That is what I was disagreeing with.

Oh, okay ...

The reason I believe that such a partnership would be moot was because I'm assuming that Dragons were created at the beginning of time.  Yes, I know that Angels preceeded that, but, stay with me.

Since Dragons were here from the beginning, then anything from before that would probably not be applicable to THIS reality.  Maybe it would, but that doesn't really make sense to me.

Now, since Dragons were here, then they'd know as much about this reality and how it worked as the angel.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 08:14:21 PM »
Oh, okay ...

The reason I believe that such a partnership would be moot was because I'm assuming that Dragons were created at the beginning of time.  Yes, I know that Angels preceeded that, but, stay with me.

Since Dragons were here from the beginning, then anything from before that would probably not be applicable to THIS reality.  Maybe it would, but that doesn't really make sense to me.

Now, since Dragons were here, then they'd know as much about this reality and how it worked as the angel.
Ah, gotcha.  Im more of there impression that the Dragons were more local to this given Earth and/or universe, whereas Angels (or at least archangels?) exist on a higher dimensional tier and so transcend the individual universes to some extent. Im putting Dragons more in the general of Mab or Hades. Id say the Mothers too but I have sneaking suspicions that there is still more to those two than we've yet been shown. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 04:42:52 PM »
Ah, gotcha.  Im more of there impression that the Dragons were more local to this given Earth and/or universe, whereas Angels (or at least archangels?) exist on a higher dimensional tier and so transcend the individual universes to some extent. Im putting Dragons more in the general of Mab or Hades. Id say the Mothers too but I have sneaking suspicions that there is still more to those two than we've yet been shown.

I could not agree more.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 05:16:37 PM »
Makes me wonder if MS has the Grandmother mantle, and MW has the Big Bad Wolf mantle.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 12:10:41 PM »
Makes me wonder if MS has the Grandmother mantle, and MW has the Big Bad Wolf mantle.
Nah, Im still a fan of consolidating all the Wolf myths into one giant Loup Garou/Fenrir mantle.  Besides, if the Grandma in question is one of the Mothers, that elevates the crap out of Little Red and the Huntsman, not to mention a Wolf that could Eat a Mother

But Ill chase the white rabbit:  The "Red" would indicate the Summer side, so d guess a former Summer Lady.  The Huntsman would likely need to be someone like Erlking or Vadderung or some other Wild Hunt figure. Then we'd be looking at an instance where a Mantle was devoured by another immortal but somehow recovered after-the-fact, which would be a hell of an interesting development. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 02:43:45 PM »
Or, the huntsman was the Winter Knight.  Hunting the Summer Lady would make sense.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 02:47:47 PM »
Or, the huntsman was the Winter Knight.  Hunting the Summer Lady would make sense.
But he /rescued/ the Lady (ie Little Red).
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 03:03:24 PM »
He hunted her first.

Kind of like if Harry has to find Sarissa in the future, huh?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 03:07:42 PM »
He hunted her first.

Kind of like if Harry has to find Sarissa in the future, huh?
He did?  Not in any version I can find, even the original Grimm or Perrault versions (summarized translations, admittedly).  It was always the wolf that did the Hunting and the Huntsman/Woodcutter that saved LRRH by cutting her and grandma out of the wolf and then filling the wolf with stones. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:29 PM »
Sorry, I was confusing the Woodsman from LRRH and Snow White. 

Nevermind

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 05:13:08 PM »
Sorry, I was confusing the Woodsman from LRRH and Snow White. 

Nevermind
Ahhh, I gotcha.  Ya, that was definitely a less innocent Huntsman :P
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 08:33:10 AM »
And apparently the Bigfoots are just an offshoot hominid, but native to the Mortal World.  White Court are Ageless and "Half-born" but not truly Immortal by the definition provided in CD.   

Are the White Court even ageless? They could be, but I don't think we've seen any who are older than the oldest wizards. IIRC Lord Raith's portraits go back to 1700 or something & he's the oldest we know.

Even if they are truly ageless, they are definitely not 'immortal' in the CD sense, but I don't think they're even 'non-mortal' in the way Red/Black Court and Fae etc. are. I think they're more like Hexenwolves and Denarians (who are definitely ageless, and definitely still have a human soul) - with both a human soul and a non-human spirit coexisting.

IMO scions, pre-Choice changelings, werewolves (who are basically just a special class of minor talent), loup-garou, hexenwolves, White Court are all eligible for coins - anything with a human soul. But Red/Black Court, full Fae (humans with a Fae Mantle might be a different case - Molly as she is now probably could take a coin), trolls, etc. couldn't.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 08:54:28 AM »
Are the White Court even ageless? They could be, but I don't think we've seen any who are older than the oldest wizards. IIRC Lord Raith's portraits go back to 1700 or something & he's the oldest we know.

WoJ places Papa Raith at "a couple thousand". Which is annoyingly non-specific, but enough to tell us that Wampires are probably unaging in the same way that a Denarian or Rampire/Ramire Infected would be.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »
IIRC ... Pappa Raith doesn't look any older than Thomas, when Harry meets him at the front door of Rraith manor.