Author Topic: Butcher Battle #18: Gentleman John Marcone enters Westeros (SPOILERS)  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Thatguywhocomesaround

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
So, to make up for my previous thread which seems mixed. I've decided on making this thread. I also posted it up on another website and they seemed to enjoy it.

So, let's break things down.

John Marcone with current knowledge, his own personality and in his physical prime replaces Ned Stark as Hand of the King to Robert Baratheon and Lord of Winterfell. He'll be replacing Ned directly at the start of A Game of Thrones.

Marcone has the same knowledge Ned has at the start of the series (in terms of knowing Westeros history, players, shakers, and that the former Hand was likely killed), same resources, and same connections that Ned had as well at the start of the series.

We'll saY the Stark's family personality is more aligned with Marcone's. Obviously, still honorable but Marcone's sort of honor.

Okay.

So, can John Marcone survive and be victorious where Ned Stark failed to do or would he lose his head and be eaten by crows?

How would he deal with the various threat that have cropped up in The World of Ice and Fire?

I figured this one doesn't need a poll as it is more of a scenario for discussion.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:01:16 PM by Thatguywhocomesaround »

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Ummm are you sure you don't want to go with Tywin Lannister over Ned Stark. Marcones much more aligned with him and the Lannisters, then the Starks. Both in terms of Resources and Honour.

Having said that if you insist on him being a Stark.

Assumin Cersai proceeds with her plan to kill Robert, well then Marcone would not make Ned's mistake and take Littlefinger up on his offer to make himself regent, to kill the little shit Joffery at a later time and install the much more mild mannered Tommen on the throne. Next Marcone would hold Cersai hostage against Tywin and Jaime's good behavior, assuming Catelyn takes Tyrion hostage as well that's half the Lannister's at his mercy.

Marcone would then send Robb Stark down from the North and raise the bannermen of the Riverlands and Crownlands. From their *shrug* it's War, win as many battles as possible. Though also definitely know not to trust the Small Council.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I don't think he'd dominate the same way he did climbing in the mob, because he wouldn't have the same resources or connections to people who are willing to kill for money.

Besides which, his particular proclivity for protecting children is just about the worst thing to have an honour code about if you're going to be ending up opposed to Joffrey, with the possible exception of Harry's attitudes towards women vis a vis Joffrey's mother.

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
we are talking marcone a legitimate crime baron of Chicago se will thrive in westeros like no bodies business grabbing iron throne with iron grip and never leave to dracoslut or any one ( Are we forgetting that he is member of the unseelie accords aka he is already playing xanatos speed chess with big guns and westros is not big enough to handle him)

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I don't think he'd dominate the same way he did climbing in the mob, because he wouldn't have the same resources or connections to people who are willing to kill for money.

Besides which, his particular proclivity for protecting children is just about the worst thing to have an honour code about if you're going to be ending up opposed to Joffrey, with the possible exception of Harry's attitudes towards women vis a vis Joffrey's mother.

I don't think Marcone's code would extend to protecting Joffrey, once he got a sense of what Joffrey is.  Likewise, I don't think Cersei would benefit much from Harry's chivalry, once he got a look in her eyes.  Codes of honor have limits.

Offline SintraEdrien

• Participant
    • View Profile
I don't think Marcone's code would extend to protecting Joffrey, once he got a sense of what Joffrey is.  Likewise, I don't think Cersei would benefit much from Harry's chivalry, once he got a look in her eyes.  Codes of honor have limits.

So you're saying that such a code is more like . . . a guideline? 

:p