The Dresden Files > DF Spoilers

WAG: What Rashid's Eye Does...

(1/6) > >>

ClintACK:
In the DV, power often comes with a drawback that prevents its overuse.

We've seen one artifact -- the Blackstaff -- with the power to eliminate the main drawback of black magic (the taint).

What if Rashid's Eye does something similar, but with the Sight?  Maybe it acts as a filter -- the Eye uses the Sight and then passes a weaker version of the image on to Rashid.  So he doesn't get an unforgettable memory and isn't overwhelmed.

This would let him, a mortal wizard, use the Sight nearly continuously -- like on a stream of fae soldiers marching back through the Outer Gates -- without losing his sanity, making it an excellent tool for exactly the job he does.

If this is right, then Rashid has more experience using the Sight than any sane wizard, by far.  He should be really good at extracting information from the usually rather abstract information the Sight provides.  (At least as we've seen it through Harry's third eye.)

This could explain a lot of his apparent Foresight, and what he did when his false eye looked Harry up and down at the docks on Demonreach. 

Thoughts?

Mira:

One of the things the eye does as verified in Cold Days is act as a Nemesis detector.. Remember he scanned all returning soldiers that came through the Gates with it looking for infection.
page339 Cold Days paperback

--- Quote ---"I don't recommend making a regular practice of it," he continued.  "It's an art, and not a skill, and it takes time.  Time,or a bit of questionable attention from the Fates and a ridiculously enormous tool."  He tapped a finger against his false eye.
--- End quote ---

jb3435:
And what would be a good way of seeing Nemesis taint? Sight

--- Quote from: Mira on June 20, 2017, 10:07:01 PM ---
One of the things the eye does as verified in Cold Days is act as a Nemesis detector.. Remember he scanned all returning soldiers that came through the Gates with it looking for infection.
page339 Cold Days paperback

--- End quote ---
"I don't recommend making a regular practice of it," he continued.  "It's an art, and not a skill, and it takes time.  Time,or a bit of questionable attention from the Fates and a ridiculously enormous tool."  He tapped a finger against his false eye.

peregrine:
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure that the foreseeing Rashid did on the island has anything to do with the eye.  I'm wondering if that's just a thing Rashid can do regardless, and it looks like the eye is involved just because eyes are what we use for seeing.

Brightbane:
This was my theory from a few years ago but the debbie doubters here didn't take it up.

It makes sense with dresden stepping on the island because then Rashid would be able to see the power levels in Harry skyrocket

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version