The Dresden Files > DF Books

Mac

(1/5) > >>

lumps937:
I'm rereading Proven Guilty.  Right after the Ladies leave Mac's,  Harry says, "Sometimes, Mac can be downright angelic." Might Mac have some connections Upstairs? He seems to have more personality than some of the angels we've met, so that doesn't really fit, but is it possible there are angelic scions, much like fae scions?

Warden John Marcone:
Mac is a guy, nothing he's done has shown he's more than a normal guy.  And he's Out.

Griffyn612:

--- Quote from: lumps937 on June 17, 2017, 03:11:26 AM ---I'm rereading Proven Guilty.  Right after the Ladies leave Mac's,  Harry says, "Sometimes, Mac can be downright angelic." Might Mac have some connections Upstairs? He seems to have more personality than some of the angels we've met, so that doesn't really fit, but is it possible there are angelic scions, much like fae scions?

--- End quote ---
That possibility has been mentioned once or twice.  There are several other occasions where Harry refers to Mac (or his food/beer) as heavenly and such. 

But there's also a WoJ that says Mac has never done anything beyond the means of a mortal. 

Some take that as a sign that he's vanilla.  Some think he might have been the Winter Knight (Tam Lin), which is a mortal mantle.  Some think he's a Scion/changeling/nephilim that's remained powerless.  Some think he's an angel or some other being that set aside his power/mantle/Grace, giving up who he was to be a (transubstantiated) mortal named Mac, who has never done anything beyond the capabilities of a mortal.

Rasins:
How about Mac being a Changling?

It could make sense, with Mab healing him, and him having extraordinary healing abilities.  Further it could offer him a long life.

Quantus:

--- Quote from: Rasins on June 20, 2017, 05:25:20 PM ---How about Mac being a Changling?

It could make sense, with Mab healing him, and him having extraordinary healing abilities.  Further it could offer him a long life.

--- End quote ---
As far as I understand it, being a Changeling cant last that long without outside intervention (Mab or similar).  Otherwise their Choice just gets made unconsciously, but they'll eventually fall out on one side or the other. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version