Author Topic: Bard trouble! Help needed ASAP!  (Read 2162 times)

Offline S1C0

• Conversationalist
  • Don't worry about it.
    • View Profile
Bard trouble! Help needed ASAP!
« on: July 01, 2017, 01:15:05 AM »
Me and my companions have been playing a campaign for the better part of a year  so far we all have no powers, but, I have a new player that wishes to be a Bard and I have no idea how to stat that out, so far we are all pure mortal and are about to start gaining power through various means. My friend has an idea of his background, which is as follows. He is a grifter and the Busker a traveling musician who earns his keep using music earn his keep, so far he's able to influence other's emotions by simple Mastery of his art, I was wondering if you could help me put that to paper we all have 8 refresh and 24 skill points with a cap of good, please help me our game is set for this sunday. I thank you all for your time.
Vae Victus

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Bard trouble! Help needed ASAP!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 04:47:28 AM »
High Performance is a must, obviously. No powers are really necessary, but Performance-linked Incite Emotion would be be appropriate. The limitation of having to play music at people to use the Power might be worth a small Refresh rebate.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 05:12:38 AM »
I could try making a character up before Sunday. 

Offline S1C0

• Conversationalist
  • Don't worry about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:26:36 PM »
Here is a little bit of info on him, he is a string instrument player mainly, spent a lot of life as a starving artist and occasionally a homeless busker working day to day just to survive. His skills drasticly increased one summer when he meet a mysterious old man in a river playing a fiddle with inhuman skill, the old man asked for food so bard made a meal with all he had for the both of them, the fossgrim taught him how to play better then anyone in one afternoon l, since then he stop a show with pure skill, he is also a metal head do he can even bring down the roof so to speak, he also doesn't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence. Hope this helps thank you
Vae Victus

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 01:29:22 AM »
I ended up being more busy than I thought so this won't be as detailed as I'd like.

Anyways...
Here is a little bit of info on him, he is a string instrument player mainly, spent a lot of life as a starving artist and occasionally a homeless busker working day to day just to survive. His skills drasticly increased one summer when he meet a mysterious old man in a river playing a fiddle with inhuman skill, the old man asked for food so bard made a meal with all he had for the both of them, the fossgrim taught him how to play better then anyone in one afternoon l, since then he stop a show with pure skill, 

The story could be represented by a simple skill swap pushing Performance as an apex skill and maybe a stunt or two.
No matter what you do, I think you want the Pointed Performance YS: pg, 154

Another way to create maneuvers or even injure people is having Incite emotion which would allow you to target specific people.  Maybe several emotions: sadness, happiness, excitement.  I'd probably take incite effect: sonic
Take the physical upgrade (to hit them with electric guitar destruction
Take the mental upgrade (to do mental damage and make them sad, or happy and faint from excitment)

he is also a metal head do he can even bring down the roof so to speak,

Or you could use a stunt to move discipline and Conviction to Performance and Scholarship(music history or something) -
 Called 'alternative casting style'  Then take Channeling (appropriate focused practitioner theme like 'Music') and just cast spells.

Or take ritual and have whole performance that are actual rituals.

Sponsored magic would work well too, given his talent was given to him by fossgrim.

Skills (skill cap Good)
+3 Performance; Presence; Rapport; Deceit
+2 Empathy; Alertness; Athletics; Contacts
+1 Resources or other important skill Lore?; Stealth; Conviction  Endurance

Heavily focused on social but if you take incite or spellcasting with alternative casting style or incite Effect then you'll have some good combat abilities. 

Offline S1C0

• Conversationalist
  • Don't worry about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 06:54:51 PM »
Thank you very much for the help, you all have a good 4th
Vae Victus