Author Topic: Hades question  (Read 8300 times)

Offline Bakoro

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Hades question
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 04:37:34 AM »
The more we talk about it the more Im hoping it's a more specific and unique Artifact, rather than just a bunch of Mordite under mental control.   

Naw, complete opposite here. It being some artifact any fool could put on would be lame. Having a few chunks of literally death floating around his head is cool. It's a monument to his constant and unbending Willpower and self control. A single stray though means death, yet he's just walking around with it on his head anyway. He must have supreme confidence that *no one* could overpower his Will and kill him (and you *know* all his prisoners try like, all the time). And with all that, he doesn't even have to cast a spell to take someone out, just think in their direction too hard.

It's the most extreme way to say: "Come at me bro".

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 04:40:12 AM »
Whyh do we assume a creature whom is a master of death has any inherent weakness for mordite? by all appearances he does not and its not a matter of 'willpower' its just what he is.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Bakoro

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 06:11:27 AM »
Whyh do we assume a creature whom is a master of death has any inherent weakness for mordite? by all appearances he does not and its not a matter of 'willpower' its just what he is.

Because one of the great things about the Dresden Files is that even Immortals can get die under the right circumstances. Everyone is vulnerable to some extent. Being a capital 'I' Immortal, he might be able to just come back, assuming mordite doesn't kill things like a Sword of the Cross kills things, but Jim said at one point that Immortals come back "eventually", so it's at the least very inconvenient and would still count as a loss in any given battle.