The Dresden Files > DF Books

How do most wizards live day-to-day?

(1/8) > >>

Zembo:
We know that Harry has an apartment, an office, bills, presumably dental appointments...but what about the rest? Does Morgan have a little home with a pet parakeet? How do other wizards earn money? Is using magic to earn money frowned upon, as in "I magically make these pebbles look like gems until I'm far away"? That's probably an unlikely scenario, but most of the wizards don't seem like they have money or a day job. Justin had a home and such, but anyone else? I tried to avoid spoilers as best I could.  :)

Tiberius:
Well, Harry said in one of the earlier books that compound interest and a lifespan of over a few hundred years make you rich somehow.

Zembo:
That's true, I'd forgotten that. I guess the Council probably has accountants? Can't see the Merlin walking into the local branch of a bank. 

flying peach:
If I recall correctly, wardens receive a stipend. If the wizards have a stipend, it makes sense that the council would also have a stipend. Then there's Ebenezer who has a (profitable?) farm to run.

Tiberius:

--- Quote from: Zembo on May 21, 2017, 09:44:16 PM ---That's true, I'd forgotten that. I guess the Council probably has accountants? Can't see the Merlin walking into the local branch of a bank.

--- End quote ---
Wish I did accounting for the Council. I wonder if they adhere to the IFRS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version