Author Topic: Making my first Dresden Files character, looking for advice.  (Read 1868 times)

Offline daspawnofsatan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Making my first Dresden Files character, looking for advice.
« on: March 30, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »
So I've never played The Dresden Files game before, and I've only ever seen the TV show. (before you kill me, I have ordered the books, they should be here shortly.)

Anyway I was looking to make a character, but I wanted to know if there was any advice the community had for me.

My concept was to build a shaman, with Native American ancestry. So far, I was looking at going focused practitioner, and focusing on Elemental spells and spirits.

I've only been able to read the rule book a little bit, I plan to dig into it this weekend.

Any serious advice is welcome and appreciated.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Making my first Dresden Files character, looking for advice.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:19:51 PM »
My Friend, have presented me with a dilemma.  On the one hand, that sounds like a great way to go and a great character that has a lot of possibility, and I really do like to encourage all things Tabletop RPG, and all things Dresden. So tell me more about the sort of character you picture  :)

On the other hand, OH DEAR GOD!! Those source books will spoil so many kinds of great things from the series, it actually hurts me.  Deep down, In my Soul.   :'( :'(

I think my advice would be to put a pot of coffee on and read the series in a binge.  It's a more common occurrence than you might think. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:21:22 PM by Quantus »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »
Might be worth looking into Sponsored Magic for a concept like that.

That aside, welcome to the forum/game.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 01:12:45 AM »
On the other hand, OH DEAR GOD!! Those source books will spoil so many kinds of great things from the series, it actually hurts me.  Deep down, In my Soul.   :'( :'(

<nods thoughtfully>
Violates the Eighth Law of Magic, isn't it?   Or is it the Ninth?   ;D