Author Topic: Let's talk about mutant crocodiles  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Ownagepants

• Participant
    • View Profile
Let's talk about mutant crocodiles
« on: January 21, 2017, 05:47:51 AM »
So when I let my players loose into my world I introduced multiple plot threads for them to follow as they fancied anyways they have just returned from the nevernever which they entered to escape the police who were chasing them cause they kidnapped a child. They are not murder hobos I swear that was a situation that got out of hand quick anyways they left the nevernever to find that they have been gone for 3 months and they still have the kid anyways skipping a lot of in between now they are in the swamps still have the kid mind you and they have stumbled upon a plot thread they forgot about . Which was people going missing in the Swamps anyways spoiler alert it's mutant alligators created by Father Tree again another long story and i need some help stating them .

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about mutant crocodiles
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 05:59:38 AM »
Strength, Toughness, Claws, Echoes of the Beast. Maybe Hulking Size, Aquatic, and/or a few stunts. Seems pretty simple, unless you want X-men style super mutant powers.

If you want I can whip up a proper statblock. Just tell me how strong you want 'em.

Offline Ownagepants

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 01:51:25 PM »
My players are at chest deep so I want them to be strong enough to be a threat but not so strong that if a group attacked it would be a slaughter

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 08:16:05 PM »
At that level, the non-mutant Alligator stats that Deadmanwalking wrote up might be appropriate.

High Concept: Alligator
Other:
Ambush Hunter

Skills:

Great: Fists, Intimidation, Stealth,
Good: Athletics, Endurance, Might,
Fair: Alertness, Discipline, Survival,
Average: Conviction, Empathy, Presence,

Powers:

Aquatic [-1]
Claws [-1]
Echoes of the Beast [-1]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]

Total Refresh: -7

Stress:

Mental: OOO
Physical: OOOO(OO)
Social: OOO
Armor: 1.

Notes: Also used for crocodiles. Larger Alligators may have No Pain, No Gain or even (in the case of some crocodiles) Supernatural Strength or Toughness to reflect their greater size and toughness.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
I'd give varying levels of opposition.  In general, crocs should be tough to see in the water and be good at ambushing.

On the low end, have Father Tree instill some sentience on regular crocodiles.

Give them armour 1 or 2 (not toughness), claws and Pack Instincts, aquatic and echoes of the beast

Have them work as a group or have individuals use ambushes (which they do anyways).  Just the fact that they are working together to create maneuvers should tip off the PCs.  And this will up the challenge.

Then have them scale from there: toughness and strength powers, speed.

You can also have one or more hybrid croc-humans that are organizing everything - as a main boss. 

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »
You can also have one or more hybrid croc-humans that are organizing everything - as a main boss. 
WereCrocs!   Or even better, CrocWeres!

If you want some more overt supernatural powers, things like active camouflage, an elemental affinity or even a breath weapon might fit. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 05:35:10 PM »
WereCrocs!   Or even better, CrocWeres!

If you want some more overt supernatural powers, things like active camouflage, an elemental affinity or even a breath weapon might fit.

Werecrocs with sponsored magic from Father Tree...

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 06:03:41 PM »
Werecrocs with sponsored magic from Father Tree...
I like it!  Basically aquatic were-dragons. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain