Author Topic: Dresden Files RPG Convention Campaign Suggestions and Recommendations  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Razgrizi

• Participant
    • View Profile
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday and staying hydrated since its the summer and, in most places, is very hot.

I wanted your input on something that I am wishing to do at a convention in Oklahoma next year. I really want to run a 3 day session campaign with con goers, limited to around 16 people.  It wouldnt be for this year as I want the year to build and test run a campaign to make sure its fun, doable, and lasts three days.

This is where I hope a discussion would help. Im having some problems trying to establish an actual story. I know I wanted to bring the characters 'together' because, in the first year, something big was going to happen and it needed a large crowd at least, which a convention setting would use perfectly.

I know the end game I wanted was for the main summoner to use it as a 'power' move to ward off encroaches on their territory, meaning the enemy of my enemy is my friend route.

What would yall recommend in a convention and Oklahoma setting? Again I have ideas but having some initial input would help.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping...sorry.  Oil.  Dry land.  Tribal lands rife with poverty and legends...prime feeding grounds for various WCV that might challenge Skinwalkers for poaching and the like.  More oil. 
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Razgrizi

• Participant
    • View Profile
Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping...sorry.  Oil.  Dry land.  Tribal lands rife with poverty and legends...prime feeding grounds for various WCV that might challenge Skinwalkers for poaching and the like.  More oil.

For clarification, what is a WCV?

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
WCV = White Court Vampire aka Wampire
BCV = Black Court Vampire aka Blampire
RCV = Red Court Vampire aka Rampire
JCV = Jade Court Vampire aka Jampire

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I personally have only been to 2 different conventions; your 'Con may not be like mine.  But of the ones I have attended (one Con once, one many times), I am unaware of ANY 3-consecutive-day games.  I wouldn't expect the format to succeed, in general, as too many folks are there for the "play a bunch of different things" experience, and 3 days is IME too likely to conflict with their other desired activities.

YMMV, obviously!

If possible, check with the 'Con organizers to see if this format has previously been successful... unless you already know from your own experience that it works at your 'Con!