Author Topic: Physical Immunity and Ghosts  (Read 1289 times)

Offline MacLegacy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Physical Immunity and Ghosts
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:58:42 PM »
I'm a GM and I have a player who wants to play a ghost (similar to those found in the TV show Supernatural). The Spirit Form power covers the basic. But the hard part is the Physical Immunity to everything but Cold Iron and Salt. Would the two items be usable in the Stacked Catch? It seems like I'm misunderstanding something as this could reduce the cost of the power to -1, making this a very cheap power.

EX: Physical Immunity [-8] Catch: Cold Iron [+2 easily gotten,+2 easily known], Catch: Salt [+2 easily gotten,+2 easily known]. Overall cost -1 (due to limit).

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Physical Immunity and Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »
you don't stack the catches, you only take the highest catch, so it'd be +4 or +5, for a total cost of -4 or 3 depending on how you Adjudicate how easy it is to get.

I might be nice and say it only cost 4 refresh because, if the ghost PC wants to do anything useful, they'll also need to take Poltergeist.  You are looking at 9 refresh in powers.

And welcome to the boards.

Edit:  when they talk about stacked catch they mean when you stack immunity and toughness

Like, you might have mythic toughness to every thing but cold (+3 catch)
And physical immunity against fire (bypassed by everything except fire) +5 catch

My numbers my not be correct but it's just an example.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:39:58 PM by Taran »

Offline MacLegacy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Physical Immunity and Ghosts
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:22:36 PM »
Thanks for the input. I knew my method seemed way off.

And that second part about needing the Toughness and the Immunity to get the Stacked Catch makes more sense now.