Author Topic: Easier Way to find a good plot?  (Read 5471 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Easier Way to find a good plot?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 01:31:03 AM »
That is not what I asked. I'm asking if anyone has advice on how to choose a plot. I have too many that I can't think of one to stick with.

Make a list, using bullet-points, of your assorted plot ideas, all in one place.  You might surprise yourself with what combinations & mixes complement each other.  Sort of the intellectual equivilent of "I got chocolate on my peanut butter!" Of course, you'll come up with some turkeys, such as "I got peanut butter on my anchovies!"

Offline Darla

• Conversationalist
  • Charter member Bookstore Commandos
    • View Profile
    • Nichtszusagen
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 04:20:56 PM »
If all else fails, you can always try this plot generator.
 :D
Darla 
Currently reading Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers. — A Bit of Fry and Laurie

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »
Perfect source of plots: opera. Particularly Wagner. The best way to approach this is to read the summaries, tell yourself, "These are cheesy," and then figure out what to do to fix their plots. Voilà - instaplot.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

rz_benitz

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 06:33:29 AM »
Make a list, using bullet-points, of your assorted plot ideas, all in one place.  You might surprise yourself with what combinations & mixes complement each other.  Sort of the intellectual equivilent of "I got chocolate on my peanut butter!" Of course, you'll come up with some turkeys, such as "I got peanut butter on my anchovies!"

I would have to agree with this, except give them all their own page...sort of like giving them the room to grow to their potential. If mixing is in order than do it. And save the papers(or file) just so that at a later date, if something just happens the hit you then you have what you saved, to continue to add. Nothing wrong with saving your ideas.